Future Upgrades ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Future Upgrades ?

Okay, I've been thinking about this for a while.
    And in the move to improve 'efficiency' I suggest the following :-

a) Introduce an option so that 'at the end of a copy' (or rip, or convert) you can 'Bypass Finish Button' what does the finish button do ? ... but allow someone to visit the folder they just created ? It's a waste of a click !

b) When I copy a series disc (full disk copy) (why do we refer to hard disk's and optical disc's ?) quicker to have on hard disk for subsequent processing, I then want to copy each episode to a separate folder for ripping. Why do I have to re-load the disc folder each time I want to add another episode ? I should just be able to pick what soundtracks and subtitles I want, then select the episode, decide what I want to call it (say 'Prison Break (2005) s01e01') and then add it to the task list, then select the next episode, change the last digit from 1 to 2 ('Prison Break (2005) s01e02') and add that to the task list etc. with episodes 3 and 4. I could, if I so chose, add disc folder 2 for the next 4 episodes ... all the way to the end of the season. Then click 'Start' and it does all 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 or 22 in one go !

c) Why is there no option to dispense with the "\VIDEO_TS" and the "\AUDIO_TS" folders on DVDCopy (full or movie) This would make the file structure easier to navigate and I've never needed them (e.g. Nero creates the needed structures when you write to disc).

d) Some series have 3 episodes, some have 30. Most have 18 to 24, so why does ripper fall over when you put 13 or 14 jobs in the queue ?

e) I think that each rip (or convert) type of output, should have user configurable profiles, so "AVI-640x360stdmp348fs" (just my name for the profile, pick your own !) would rip to an avi file with a resolution of 640x360 at standard encoding with an mp3 output at 48kHz and only encode forced subs or you could pick a target file size (but obviously not both) You could leave the defaults to cater for newbies but people who are familiar could save some serious time (especially when the wife is nagging me to finish already !).

f) That I then be able to pick a default profile for ALL rips (or converts) and the system would flag where the profile would cause a problem, but otherwise assume that profile until, or unless, I changed it. If I ignore a flagged problem - it's my fault that a 21:9 got ripped at 4:3 etc.

g) I've noticed that if I copy more that 3 Full discs, the OK button does not appear and I have to click around all over the place to get it to show

h) When the programme has done a couple of 'jobs' and I want to preview a file, I just get 'sound' and a black rectangle. It seems you have a memory leak or something is not being initialised properly.

I think b) above would also help people who need to copy/rip chapters 1-4 to 1 folder and 5-8 in another etc. without constantly having to reload the same DVD folder to do the next bit.
    Mutt ... All-In-One Lifetime Member

You will find there are reasons for much of what DVDFab does.

The Finish button tells DVDFab to clean up after itself by deleting files and releasing resources.

The Source selection for Ripper allows different Sources to be used, not necessarily from the same disc. It has always been spelled this way (disk=magnetic, disc=optical).

The folders are part of the disc structure and are required by the DVD-Video spec. Some players will reject discs without the AUDIO_TS folder, even though it is empty.

Start a threads in the proper forum about things you think are problems, such as the problem with Ripper crashing with a loaded-up task queue.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X