Sound Levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Sound Levels

I've noticed that (having ripped different films or series) the volume varies greatly.
    Would it be possible to have an option to 'normalise' the sound level for ALL rips AND then apply a user customisable (say 50% to 200%) level to the normalised ? (possibly stored with the profiles discussed elsewhere on the forum ???)
    I know you can adjust the levels prior to the rip now, but you'd have to rip and adjust, rip and adjust, possibly several times to get it just right.
    At the moment I spend a lot of time with the TV volume control
    Mutt ... All-In-One Lifetime Member

Mutt
    Many TVs have a setting that reduces dynamic range hidden in their audio menus. I agree this would be a nice optional feature for DVDFab.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

audio settings

There used to be a volume adjust in the advanced settings (ripping, converting and copying) but that has gone is it coming back?

Comment

There is another thread about this topic, the Volume control is moved to the Edit page, where there will be some more advanced editing controls.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

thanks will take a look

Comment

You can find it here:
            Attached Files
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Sorry, but this topic was not 'just' sound levels.
              It was about 'normalisation' of sound levels which is different
              As then ALL ripped video's could be watched/listened to without having to adjust volume (whilst watching) for each file
              Mutt ... All-In-One Lifetime Member

Comment

Agree, normalizing the audio level and adjusting the volume for a certain disc are two completely different things. This would be a very cool feature to have. Currently I just rip everything at 130% and at least then I'm not struggling to here people talk in the quieter scenes of a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley.Drat View Post
                  Sorry, but this topic was not 'just' sound levels.
                  It was about 'normalisation' of sound levels which is different
                  As then ALL ripped video's could be watched/listened to without having to adjust volume (whilst watching) for each file
                  We will consider your suggestion about normalizing the audio level, thanks for your feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by bp123 View Post
                    Agree, normalizing the audio level and adjusting the volume for a certain disc are two completely different things. This would be a very cool feature to have. Currently I just rip everything at 130% and at least then I'm not struggling to here people talk in the quieter scenes of a movie.
                    Great tip!!
                    I hate movies and tv shows where the actors mumble and there are no closed captions/subtitles!
                    But, I never thought of adjusting sound in the settings!
                    I'm such a newbie - still stumbling around trying to figure all this stuff out.
                    Such a jewel!

Comment

Working...
                    X