eject disk after complete on DVD Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper eject disk after complete on DVD Ripper

Can we please add the eject feature to completion on DVD Ripper.
    I know this is there on DVD Copy, but can we add it to DVD Ripper too

Many thanks

Mark

+1

Also, can Ripper be configured to automatically select the main movie and auto rip on insertion of disk. This way I can load up my Nimbie with movies I wanna rip and just let it get on with it while I'm at work or sleeping.

Comment

eject disk after complete on DVD Ripper

Hi, All

We will deal with this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you for your feedback!

Comment

eject disk

Hi, I see that this function has been added and I HATE it.

How may I disable the eject after rip ? After copying, this can be understood, but after ripping one title, no !

When I launch a rip that takes several hours, I ask the shutdown after rip, and then the disk goes out and the computer shuts down and the disk / drive stays open with dust going inside, that is the worst thing for the drive / disk !!!

Also, when I rip title by title (every day), each time I have to re-set the disk, re-wait that the drive and DVDFAB re-read it, re-read information for titles, hours lost every day !

Thanks

Pivert
        Last edited by signals; 05-17-2015, 04:51 PM. Reason: offensive

Comment

Pivert
          I have edited the rude and offensive portions of your post. Just because you do like or use a feature does not mean it is not valuable and appreciated by others. Perhaps they can just add "eject" to the dropdown that that selects what to do after all tasks are complete or a checkbox like the one in Copy mode.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

DVD Ripper eject disk after complete on DVD Ripper

Hi All;

First of all , I wish to apologize if I'm doing this the wrong way, or in the wrong thread. I wasn't sure if I should submit a new feature request, or if I could add it to this thread. Signals, I know that you made some suggestions and I wasn't sure if DVDFab Staff would take your suggestions into consideration. Basically I would like DVDFab Staff to add a check off box in DVD Ripper that would either enable, or disable the disk eject after completion feature, so the people who wish not to eject the disk can disable the feature. Personally I have the feature disabled in some of the other programs. I don't place many threads in the forum, mainly because I'm extremely happy with DVDFab and all it's features. I'm a Lifetime Member with the complete DVDFab package. So if I doing this wrong, and I need to submit a new feature request, please let me know. Thank you for your patience.
            JDUNGY

Comment

No JD, you are discussing the request that is the thread topic, so all is good. For an unrelated feature, start a new Request thread.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the quick response on the DVD Ripper eject disk question Signals

Thanks Signals for the response, now I guess I'll just wait to see for DVDFab to tell me what their plans are, ie; if they're planning on putting my request on a to do list, etc.. They're pretty good about getting back to us. Also just wanted to let you know that your hard work doesn't go un-noticed, and I for one appreciate all you do. Thank you again.
                JDUNGY

Comment

Originally posted by pivert View Post
                  Hi, I see that this function has been added and I HATE it.

How may I disable the eject after rip ? After copying, this can be understood, but after ripping one title, no !

Pivert
                  We merge the setting of the driver's behavior after copying and ripping , you can disable it in the common settings. Please refer to the attachment.

But if that is still a problem, we will consider replacing it with a better way.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Comment to thread 9 from Jiangrui DVDFab Staff

Hi again;
                    I'm not real good at writing posts, but I just wanted to mention a couple of observations. First I wanted to mention that I noticed in your attachment in the Common settings under Drives that 'Blu-ray file reading mode' has been removed. Also with your new change (merging the settings of the driver's) when the boxes are checked for do not eject source disk and do not eject ripper disk will enable do not eject for both features all the time, or when unchecked both features will eject all the time. There is no option of either one being enabled and the other other being disabled, it's either both enabled or both disabled all the time, no choice. I'm only mentioning the change because I was setup with the source copy checked (do not eject) and DVD ripper was ejecting (which I would like to be able to set that way separately). Thank you for you time and consideration.

Kindest Regards;
                    JDUNGY

Comment

Hi, JDUNGY
                      Could you tell why do you want to setup "do not eject after copying" and "do not eject after ripping" separately?
                      In simple terms, in which situation you need to check one option and uncheck the other?

Comment

Hi Jiangrui;

The reason I do not eject after copying is because when back up a disk from one DVD writer (source) to another DVD writer (target) is that the computer reads the data from the source drive before writing it to the target drive. Once the computer has read the data the source drive ejects the disk, in the mean time the data is being written to the target drive. I would prefer to have both drives closed until my backup is complete. As you have it set up now I have to change the settings every time I want to keep from ejecting, or ejecting. You know, don't worry about it, I'm 65 years old and I feel sort of offended that I have to explain why I do things in a certain way, and the person who asked for the change wasn't ask explain why he would want the change. I was just asking if you could keep the two separated. I'll deal with it. If any of the Moderators find my response to be offensive, please delete it. Thank you.
                        JDUNGY

Comment

Originally posted by JDUNGY View Post
                          Hi Jiangrui;

The reason I do not eject after copying is because when back up a disk from one DVD writer (source) to another DVD writer (target) is that the computer reads the data from the source drive before writing it to the target drive. Once the computer has read the data the source drive ejects the disk, in the mean time the data is being written to the target drive. I would prefer to have both drives closed until my backup is complete.
                          I feel a little puzzled, if you want to have both drives closed until your backup is complete, just check the "Do not eject source disc when task finishes" in Reading and check "Do not eject disc when burning finishes" both in DVD Write and Blu-ray Write, the Reading setting is not the same with the Writing setting. You should set the source drive in Reading and set the target drive in DVD Write and Blu-ray Write.

BTW, I am sorry to attach a wrong picture which is from an internal version in may previous post.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jiangrui;

In answer to your question , there is a reason to why I do what I do. I don't want the disk to eject during the reading phase because the drive drawer being open is an inconvience. But when the computer is writing to the target drive I don't have a check placed by the "Do not eject disc when burning finishes" on both in DVD Write and Blu-ray Write, because when the target disk ejects I know that that my back up is complete.
                            JDUNGY

Comment

So it has met you requirement by setting the Reading and Write settings like what I have pasted.

Comment

Working...
                              X