This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Copy Original disc menu from the source in customize

In recent versions I have noticed that it is no option to keep the menu screen from the source disc when using customize copy on a blu-ray disc.
    I would like to have that option back instead of having to use the generic ones provided with dvdfab.
    When using customize on a dvd there is no such restriction.
    For now I prefer the last version where this was possible over the new ones.

Originally posted by Sintas View Post
    In recent versions I have noticed that it is no option to keep the menu screen from the source disc when using customize copy on a blu-ray disc.
    I would like to have that option back instead of having to use the generic ones provided with dvdfab.
    When using customize on a dvd there is no such restriction.
    For now I prefer the last version where this was possible over the new ones.
    I agree with you, a BD without the Original Menu is like a DVD without the Original Menu.

DVDfab should be making things better, NOT worse.

Comment

I hope they will soon.
      It doesn`t look good though, since there`s no answer from the mods.

Comment

Mods are not developers or even employees, you need to take this up with them on the main web site.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I agree to, this is the total reason I spent $200+ dollars upgrading to the full deal was so that I could take advantage of the original menu from the source disk when selecting "CUSTOMIZE". It also functions better to!

I hope they update this as I will be asking for a refund!

Cheers!

Comment

Hi, guys
            We feel very sorry that we did not deal with this problem well. The original menu does not work well at this moment, so we provide DVDFab menu to make it to be an available option. We have been trying to solve this problem, thanks for your understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiangrui View Post
              Hi, guys
              We feel very sorry that we did not deal with this problem well. The original menu does not work well at this moment, so we provide DVDFab menu to make it to be an available option. We have been trying to solve this problem, thanks for your understanding.
              Sorry I didn't mean to imply the refund thing as that was a little strong of a comment. I wont ask for a refund but I will patiently wait for you guys to implement that feature back into the process just as it does for the DVD copy process, etc. Also someone from /DvD fab support emailed me stating I can in fact select it under extra titles if I want the menu but does it function and if I do finally find it does it select the proper files/coding that assist the menu to work?...can anyone confirm if that idea works?>?
              Anyhow I certainly can't wait for it to just function when you select the customized project when working with making a copy of your movie so that the original menu and its functions all work.

Thank you,\
              Ford99

Comment

Can't find the menu?

Hmmm,

Maybe I am missing something but I have looked under the section for "Other titles" and cant find the menu? Does this program have a hard time locating it is this why they are having issues or is it that they just haven't coded for it?
                Hey Jiangrui, when you said you are sorry for not having dealt with this very good, did you mean it just got lost in the many things to do or you are having problems all together even making it happen?....please if you don't mind can you elaborate on what the issue is and clarify what exactly the problem is, that would be great as I stated before, this is probably the biggest reason I chose to spend as much as I did on this software was because I thought it capable of doing what my copy of DVDFAB used to do, and that was install the menu of a DVD I was making a copy of. Please elaborate this for me, as its very important for me!
                Thank you very much!

Ford

Comment

Any Idea yet when its coming??

Hello guys anyone know yet when this feature will be implemented? I see that Clone BD has the feature up and running on their software so I am hopeful its possible with our beloved DVDFAB All in one or Blu-ray copy, etc.

Please this is really important, will it be a few days, a few weeks or a few months???? Please let us know as this is real function that was paramount when using it in DVDFAB for DVD backups!

Comment

Its not going to be implemented!!!!

I was officially told that they will not be putting the option for the original disc menu in the software period. I personally am very disappointed as it was a great option to do this under the DVD software but the Blu-ray will not have this option. I personally would like an answer as to why, is it to difficult to code for this with Blu-ray or is it they don't want to or why!?! If the programmers for DVDFAB see this please at the very least tell us why this option isn't being put in!? As I stated above, this was a very large reason why I updated to the Blu-ray software was to have this option included, I thought it would be as was the option for original menus was in the DVD software so I really thought it was to be included in the bluray software but NO its not. So please explain why, as it really is a great feature and with no warning or anything telling us differently, I think we at the very least could be informed. I appreciate your time and efforts with the software but I just want to know why!?!

Thank you, sincerely!

Ford

Comment

If that is TRUE, they should put that on their Homepage, so NEW/OLD Customers Know that they will NOT get Original Menus on their Blu-Ray Rips.

I have NOT done any Blu-Ray Rips lately. I am waiting to see what is going to happen when the 4K Discs start coming out.

I will then do some testing to see what I will do next.

They had Menus on Blu-Rays for awhile, so I think there is something they are NOT telling us.

Shame, Shame.

Comment

Originally posted by ordman View Post
                        ....................., so I think there is something they are NOT telling us.......
                        What nonsense! The menus in BD Copy/Customize are done the way they are to provide consistent performance regardless of what authoring tricks and oddments the studios put on the discs. When they find a better way to do it, they will add it. And CloneBD is a poor example to cite, given how long it took to get even basic functions working semi-correctly. This has not proven to be a gainful discussion and it is now closed.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                        X