Folder Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Folder Monitor

Would it be possible to request a feature where I can tell DVDFab to monitor a folder for example c:\input and as soon as it sees a video file in that folder it will auto convert to a preset profile and output the file to a different folder for example c:\output. Ideally this could run as a windows service.

Reason I'm asking is so I can automatically convert video files from lossless MKV which I use at home to a mobile format. I would find the monitoring option far more convenient as I could potentially just point my entire movie collection on my NAS as the source monitoring folder and have DVDFab automatically create a mobile version.

Thanks,

DVDFab supports command line, so you can use other tools to monitor the folder, and call DVDFab when new files come in.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. I will look into that.

Any suggestions for the command to issue as I am not to familiar with DVDFab's CMD options.

John
      Last edited by weehappypixie; 06-24-2015, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Hi WHP,
        There is some documentation on the command line here in the forum http://forum.dvdfab.cn/forumdisplay.php?f=31 but it is sadly out of date. At one time, you could enter dvdfab/? at the command prompt for the list, but it is not working right now for me with v9.2.0.2. We'll try to get the documentation updated ASAP.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

UPDATE:

The command line help file is being updated for v9. The most recent one (released with Fab v8) is in the DVDFab installation directory. It is also dated but may be more in line with what you are looking for until the one for v9 is ready. My friend Wilson.Wang of the QA Team is making a sample command line for the task you outlined and will post it here.

You can refer to the file anytime by opening it with Notepad in the v8Qt installation directory and I have attached it here for those that may not wish to install v8.
          Attached Files
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 9\DVDFab.exe" /MODE "Converter" /SRC "C:\TrueDetective.mp4" /DEST "c:\output\" /Profile "mp4" /SILENCE /CLOSE

Please change the file pach and output profile.

Hope this help you!

Thanks!

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank You so much guy's. I will try this tonight when I go home.

John.

Comment

Working...
              X