Please add if at all possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Please add if at all possible

1: In DVD Ripper and Converter - The ability to either view the original source information, resolution, bitrate, etc. or, the option to select same as source for video settings.

2: DVD Copy - Custom file size setting. Right now I can select from DVD 5 or 9 but there isn't anything I can do beyond that. It would be very nice to be able to set a custom size when ripping individual episodes so that each one is approximately the same size as the others and so that each episode will only be 1 file.

The option for the setting could be put on the "common settings" - "DVD Write" screen, allowing Custom Size any numerical value, and then selectable from the main DVD Copy screen on the drop down that currently only has DVD-5 and DVD-9.

Example::
    I have a stand alone player with a 1TB HDD that I put episodes of my favorite shows on. It is very frustrating when I am watching alot of them because DVD Fab will split the episode into 2 VOB files, causing the player to pause momentarily in the middle of the episode while switching to the next portion of the episode.

Thanks

Some of what you request would result in output that is not compliant with the DVD-Video standard and would be unplayable on any device or software expecting a DVD. You can accomplish it a different way however using DVD Ripper by selecting the VOB profile (see attached image). This will copy the VOB files from the original disc without breaking them into 1GB chunks. It will be preset to "same as source" for all options. A 2-hour DVD will produce a single VOB file that is 5-6GB in size, so the file system on your HDD will need to support that, as will your player (FAT32 will not work for most titles other than TV episodes). Be sure to select the No Split option.
    Attached Files
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X