Forced subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Copy Forced subtitles

I have to use an external program BDtoAVCHD to always successfully detect (scanning the bit rates) forced tracks or embedded forced subtitles. This to me should be the next feature you guys jump on. What good does it do to think you have your language picked out only to find out later you can't tell what parts of the movie is saying? or worse to be forced to choose all language of choice tracks ensuring a forced subtitle if present at the cost of unwanted commentaries?

Use the Preview function to 'audition' the sub streams and find the one with the translations.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Finding Forced Subs by viewing all subs in the previewer

Yes it would work yet some older computers struggle with playing BD. This is also manually time consuming and still yields a level of uncertainty at times as to exactly you're looking at as there is still nothing that actually tells you this is a type of Forced subtitle, unlike scanning which is quick and clearly tells you what's up. Best of all a full scan is never required (not even a third into it) forced subs are usually found in a couple of minutes..

Comment

Same here, i alway use BDtoAVCHD to detect Forced Subs.
        Would be great if i see this feature in a upcoming version ..

Comment

A feature like this has been requested many times in the past. There are several problems in providing it, the main one being the many different ways that translation subs are authored onto discs. The analysis time, especially for Blu-rays, would probably be longer than most people would be willing to wait for. Also, with some titles, the translations aren't encountered until well into the movie, which would mean that for 100% accuracy the entire title would need to be scanned.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I Understand that reply thank you.

If implemented, this would not be mandatory right? if people choose not to use it then it is business as usual, yet still an optional, valuable asset for patient others that choose to utilize the feature.

Comment

Yes, I agree it would clearly need to be a user option. Still difficult to achieve 100% accuracy due to the many different methods used in authoring.

Comment

Possible thought on for subtitle

Could I propose a change with the way forced subtitles are reported. I know when Blu-ray DVDs are being ripped, DVDfab will report how far into the movie it occurred. Is it possible to add which language subtitle it occurred in. For example, if the DVD has three English subtitle selections would it be possible to say that the forced subtitle occurred in English subtitle number 1, 2 or number 3. It would still be up to me as to whether I add it or not, but knowing where it is would help me greatly. Sorry if this has already been covered
                Last edited by Darkore; 11-13-2015, 12:19 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by Darkore View Post
                  Could I propose a change with the way forced subtitles are reported. I know when Blu-ray DVDs are being ripped, DVDfab will report how far into the movie it occurred. Is it possible to add which language subtitle it occurred in. For example, if the DVD has three English subtitle selections would it be possible to say that the forced subtitle occurred in English subtitle number 1, 2 or number 3. It would still be up to me as to whether I add it or not, but knowing where it is would help me greatly. Sorry if this has already been covered
                  Agree this would be an excellent feature as described by Darkore!

Comment

Working...
                  X