I really need to be able to edit Volume Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper I really need to be able to edit Volume Name

The Volume Name on disc's is basically useless. But, it looks like most, if not all, media streamers use the volume name when listing titles. These streaming apps should really use the file name, but it seems thay always show the volume name, and sometimes the file name also. So all you see is a bunch of Gobblydegook when trying to find titles to stream. Here are some examples of titles (volume names shown) DVD_VIDEO, MAGNI7, RIDERS.

I am using Ver 9.2.2.8, and it will not let me change the volume name before burning.

You have not been clear about which module and copy mode you are using, but here I changed the Volume name of the Spectre Blu-ray from "Spectre" to "SPECTRE_MAINMOVIE" using the small text box called Volume Label in the left pane of DVDFab (see the captures) If this will not work, explain more clearly what you want to do.
    Attached Files
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I am using DVD Ripper, to end up with mp4/m4v files to stream. I see no option to change the volume name. If I right click on the volume name in the middle of the screen, "rename" is greyed out.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by BearNPum; 02-20-2016, 04:01 AM.

Comment

In ripper click the name turn it blue then backspace over it and type in any name you want. See attachment:
        Attached Files
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

For file (title) name but not volume name

Yes, works for file name, but not the volume name burned into the file. In your case the volume name is "THE_MARTIAN", and it can't be changed. In your case the volume name isn't too bad and reflects the movie you are ripping. When the volume name on the DVD is "DVD_VIDEO" and other such garbage it is completly useless.
          Last edited by BearNPum; 02-20-2016, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Maybe I understand now? I did the Disney Cars a while back and the volume name was gobbledygook so I ripped the disk to the HDD as a folder, renamed the folder and it seemed to work OK on others. See attached:
            Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Can copy to PC, then rip to mp4

So I did "copy" a disk to a PC folder changing the volume name, then ripped it to an mp4 and was able to get the volume name to match the file name. It just takes twice as long to get a DVD ripped this way.

But I did find a utility called MediaMonkey that allows you to change the volume name in the file and to add artwork and other metadata to the mp4 (m4v) files. It drops the extra gooddies into the mp4 file and it shows up right on the standard Roku media player. So I am going to continue using this to tweak the volume name and get artwork attached.

Comment

I was giving you a way to work with DVDFab. Whatever works for you.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X