Request for a new forum topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Request for a new forum topic

I searched several times for info on this and find bits and pieces here and there.

It might be useful if we had a topic that focused on preformance.

Here is an interesting observation,

Same hardware, one Win7 32bit and one win10 64bit.

The win7 box is 50% faster doing a rip from vob to wmv.

Is it the OS, is it the 32 vs 64?

I am looking at tossing a high end video card in to help with performance, but they themselves are confusing as heck.

I'll bet I am not the only one.

It's unclear what you want the new forum to cover. Some think we have too many as it is. The questions you have would be addressed in the Ripper forum, since that is the module you have a question about. I would point out that while the hardware you have may be identical, the operating environment in terms of drivers, etc is almost certainly not. And Win10 is a friend to no one.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I thought I was fairly clear, sorry if it wasn't.

On w10, it's fun to see what goofball thing it does each day. Pure entertainment, if you don't want to be productive - it's freakin great.

My absolute favorite, at this time, is the speaker icon disappeared from the system tray. You won't believe the recommended fix.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        It's unclear what you want the new forum to cover. Some think we have too many as it is. The questions you have would be addressed in the Ripper forum, since that is the module you have a question about. I would point out that while the hardware you have may be identical, the operating environment in terms of drivers, etc is almost certainly not. And Win10 is a friend to no one.
        I realize the drivers and such will be different.

Now, if I were to take 2 'identical' systems including OS, will there be a difference in performance between 32/64 with DVDFab?

I think a 'performance' forum would be helpful, as I am sure that saving time would benefit everyone.

I once was part of a team that put the first Windows based soft PLC out on the market. That was in the day if you wanted multiple cores, it required 2 separate physical processors, so I am quite familiar with performance and diagnosing wasted CPU cycles.

If DVDFab is not interested in this, so be it. I would definitely participate in such a forum.

Comment

rhk, I don't think the wmv profile (container) is accelerated at all. I can get 1400+ fps on MKV or MP4 but have a problem breaking 200fps on a wmv. That's slow for just my processor.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Performance comes up as a topic occasionally, usually in General Questions. I will add a new thread prefix for it there, but not a new forum.

It is done.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Could I ask some basics about you HW and OS.

MB, Gcard, Mem

I am thinking of upgrading a box or two.

Comment

Working...
              X