Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Please restore XP for DVDFab!!

With a simple registry addition:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\PosReady]
    "Installed"=dword:00000001

Windows XP will continue to get updates for the next 5 years.

XP has 10.09% market share, which is above 0SX and Windows 8.1. Windows 10 has 17.43%. Why alienate such a large market share?

XP is rock solid and stable. Please add support (that you removed a week ago), back from XP!!!

If you want security, it's the most secure operating system. All the extra code added to Windows 10 is relatively untested. New code <> better code.

Thanks!!

Where does this continued support come from? Microsoft hasn't supported XP in over two years.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

read here - http://www.myce.com/news/registry-tr...updates-71661/

Comment

That's ify at best.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Agree, please keep supporting Windows Xperia.

Comment

true, microsoft has stopped sending updates for XP,
            but I still get the monthly malicious software updates for XP, assuming it comes from microsoft.

so I hope that dvdfab will STILL continue installation support for XP os, even for the latest OFFICIAL updates/releases only. I don't mind the beta releases.
            Last edited by sireast; 06-18-2016, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Good ole days

I still have my 8088 would you do a dos version

Comment

2nd request..
                please re-instate dvdfab installation to XP os. even for the (final) OFFICIAL release versions ONLY.

thank you.

Comment

This is unlikely to happen due to updates in the DVDFab development environment. These updates were necessary for improved stability and new features in DVDFab, which have already been delayed by continued by XP support. Whether the OS is still supported by M$ was not relevant to the decision.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Notice for Windows XP users:

To acommodate users who still have windows XP, DVDFab will for an indefinite period continue to make v9.2.4.4 available with occasional decryption updates for both DVD and Blu-ray. Note that it will not include any new features or other enhancements or updates beyond what is described above and may not necessarily be available at the same time as the regular Official and Beta releases. There will be a special thread in the General Questions forum that will contain a download link. Only one version (v9.2.4.4) will be supported this way.
                    This will not apply v8.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

32 bit op systems

The process of removing support for Windows XP also apparently removed support for all 32bit Windows op systems. There has been no solution for this yet, as all 930x releases refuse to run under 32bit systems.
                      This maintenance of version 9244 is a step towards at least an interim solution, as installing the latest 930x release on my Windows7Pro32bit laptop only to find it won't run, followed by reinstalling 9244 is getting old.
                      It would be even more effective & helpful for DVDFab customers if:
                      1. 930x releases clearly state whether it is expected to run under 32bit Op systems or not so we don't install it needlessly.
                      2. maintenance releases of 9244 include a trailing letter (ie. 9244a, 9244b, etc.) so we know whether we should download it and install it on our 32 bit machines.
                      3. Fengtao (or someone) provides a bit of info on the status of fixing whatever problem it is that was introduced with the 930x series of releases that killed DVDFab on 32 bit windows systems.
                      Thanks for listening.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
                        The process of removing support for Windows XP also apparently removed support for all 32bit Windows op systems. There has been no solution for this yet, as all 930x releases refuse to run under 32bit systems.
                        This maintenance of version 9244 is a step towards at least an interim solution, as installing the latest 930x release on my Windows7Pro32bit laptop only to find it won't run, followed by reinstalling 9244 is getting old.
                        It would be even more effective & helpful for DVDFab customers if:
                        1. 930x releases clearly state whether it is expected to run under 32bit Op systems or not so we don't install it needlessly.
                        2. maintenance releases of 9244 include a trailing letter (ie. 9244a, 9244b, etc.) so we know whether we should download it and install it on our 32 bit machines.
                        3. Fengtao (or someone) provides a bit of info on the status of fixing whatever problem it is that was introduced with the 930x series of releases that killed DVDFab on 32 bit windows systems.
                        Thanks for listening.
                        Not exactly. My vista 32 bit stopped working with initial 9.3 versions but started working again with 9.3.0.5

Comment

Originally posted by e6shamroc View Post
                          Not exactly. My vista 32 bit stopped working with initial 9.3 versions but started working again with 9.3.0.5
                          Excellent - Fengtao staff must have found something . . unfortunately it did not help my Win7Pro 32bit system . . .

Comment

The developers say the issue is lack of support in your video card for OpenGL 2.0, which these versions of DVDFab now require to run the GUI. Unrelated to OS issue. The update versions of 9244 will be enumerated in some way, undecided at this point.

Comment

Dell D620 Duo-Core with Intel Mobile 945 chipset

OK - that is helpful - not sure what I can do about it if the base programming in DVDFab no longer works with my chipset. Maybe there is a generic intel driver that supports OpenGL 2.0 on the 945 chipset (but so far I only see references to OpenGL 1.5 support on some 9xx series chipsets).
                              Thankfully Passkey still works on this laptop, although I understand Passkey gags on certain DVDs these days?
                              Last edited by Rich86; 07-15-2016, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X