Forced Subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Forced Subtitles

Automatic identification of tracks that contain forced subtitles to allow for easier ripping of movies with included forced subtitles hard encoded.

I think this would need to be a selectable feature, it would add too much to the analysis time to apply it to every disc, most of which probably would not have forced subs anyway.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

How about the movies that do not use forced subtitles but a separate non-forced english subtitle that has to be direct rendered?

Comment

Originally posted by PSYCHO View Post
        How about the movies that do not use forced subtitles but a separate non-forced english subtitle that has to be direct rendered?
        It would be awesome if Fab can find a better way of handling forced subtitles.

What I current do (with BDs) is do the rip to MKV then MKVExtract the subtitles to sup files. Then I use BDSup2Sub+ to see if there are any forced subs. If there are, I extract the forced subs to a separate file then remux that file with MKVMerge with the forced subs flag set.

This is the only manual step that I have and it's a doozy. Would be nice to be able to stop doing this!

Comment

Well, so come up with a routine that detects forced subs that are not flagged as forced but turned on by the Java code of the BD and we're done. I guess, DVDFab could scan for subtitle size andconsider the smallest one to be forced but it would still have to parse an entire track to see whether any items flagged as forced were missed.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
          MultiShrink
          : DVD Shrink batch processing
          Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Originally posted by Chetwood View Post
            Well, so come up with a routine that detects forced subs that are not flagged as forced but turned on by the Java code of the BD and we're done. I guess, DVDFab could scan for subtitle size andconsider the smallest one to be forced but it would still have to parse an entire track to see whether any items flagged as forced were missed.
            If you have fab configured to save the subtitles, would it be possible to parse the track inline with that operation? Perhaps parse in parallel as it's being written out?

Comment

Working...
            X