This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAL to NTSC

Can we get an option to convert PAL to NTSC?

I would suggest not.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

A program I used to convert pal disks to ntsc is convertxtodvd. It copies films well, but has trouble with the menus.

Comment

Originally posted by lou517 View Post
        A program I used to convert pal disks to ntsc is convertxtodvd. It copies films well, but has trouble with the menus.
        Converting PAL to NTSC and vice versa is easy, but with menus, it's very complicated. No software I know will do it for you, so you have to do it manually.

Comment

Pal To NTSC Conversions

If DVD Fab doesn't do pal to ntsc conversions, why does a screen come up asking to 'specify the disc's region code' ?

Just curious

Louie

Comment

Originally posted by Louie View Post
            If DVD Fab doesn't do pal to ntsc conversions, why does a screen come up asking to 'specify the disc's region code' ?

Just curious

Louie
            DVDFab will convert a PAL original to a PAL backup with no problem, it just will not make the PAL->NTSC conversion.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Region code has NOTHING to do with PAL<>NTSC.

It is an abitary code put on the disc by the studios to limit it's playing in regions that it is not (supposed to be!) distributed.

Originally posted by Louie View Post

Just curious

Louie
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

This thread has gotten too far away from being a DVDFab feature request thread. Several posts have been deleted in an efforst to refocus the discussion. Please stay on topic.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I can watch a PAL DVD back up on my TV and DVD player that I made with DVDFab. Check to make sure you can play both formats as most DVD players and TVs now can play both if no copy protection is on them.

Comment

Working...
                  X