Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old feature request: Ability to select individual chapters instead of chapter range !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old feature request: Ability to select individual chapters instead of chapter range !

I had created this feature request for the first time some 4 years ago : https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...-chapter-range

What I actually received as an answer was that although it was going to be something difficult to implement, it was on the to-do list at that time but it would not appear in the near future !

4 years have passed and no implementation of this feature has happened ...

I need not emphasize on the necessity of this feature ! Just think that someone needs to make a compilation of several chapters that are NOT in a row (e.g. a teacher that needs to select some NOT sequential footage from a dvd or a blu-ray disc. Another one that selects songs from a DVD or Blu-ray especially with the UHD Blu-ray ones that are so big) would need to actually rip or copy even the whole movie to the disc using DVDFAB and then use some other kind of software to select the desired chapters. It would be a total waste of time especially for the big Blu-rays and the forthcoming UHD Blu-rays and would need some other software such as PowerDirector or TMPGenc Authoring works to do the job.

I have trusted DVDFAB and bought a perpetual license for it, so I am posting this feature request again just to ask two questions:

1) Is this feature STILL in the developers to-do list ?

2) In case it is, is there a realistic time frame for its implementation ?

Sincerely yours,
    Nikolaos Papageorgiou

Hi Niko, note that non-sequential chapter selection is less useful on many current discs, since some, especially the BDs, may have only 10-13 chapters for the entire movie, so the playing time covered by a single chapter has become very large. What we really need I think is a cut and snip type editor that works not on chapters but on playing time (like the one in the Ripper module). I have nothing else to offer you, I have not heard of any definitive schedule for this.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X