This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generic MPEG1/2 Profile

Has any one managed to create a generic profile for both MPEG 1 (VCD) or MPEG 2 (SVCD/DVD). Need to output DVD content into MPG format with forced subtitles overlayed on top of the video. Tried DVDFab Profile but it seems that I cannot acheive this. Looked into manually editing an existing profile. Options used in DVDFab profiles suggest that DVDFab uses either mencoder/ffmpeg to achieve conversion. The reason for the MPG format is that I need to run this through DVRMSToolbox from Andy VT to gain a MS-DVR/WTV Media Centre file.

Thanks Guys .
    Last edited by Dexter; 02-11-2010, 05:35 PM.

DVDFab does not to my knowledge have a mobile MPEG1/2 encoder (at least not that is accessible). I'll move this to the feature request thread.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Confirmation of MPEG 1/2

Thanks for the reply Signals . Take a look at the file "nds.dpg.mpeg1.mp2" in the "Profiles" folder for DVDFab. This indicates that DVDFab has the capability to produced Mpeg 1 files. So I am assuming it can also produced Mpeg 2 files. The line reads as follows from the "nds.dpg.mpeg1.mp2":

<acodec name="mp2"/>
      <vcodec name="mpeg1">

I am assuming that these lines are passing command line arguments to mencoder/ffmpeg, after reading documentation on both programs. The "acodec" refers to the Audio, and "vcodec" video etc. Working on creating this profile, as I feel this would greatly improve DVDFab's usability creating generic Mpeg files.

Any suggestions are welcomed

Comment

It will be interesting to see your results. I predict it will be a very slow conversion. Keep us posted, I'll try it too if I have time.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X