Audio Track Priority setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Track Priority setting

Can there be some kind of option such that in settings-->Streams-->Audio, when you select "All Tracks", that you can specify the "order" for which audio encoding should be "first/primary"? For example, I like TrueHD to always be the first track (so I don't have to change to it in Kodi), but I can't quite tell what logic DVDFab uses to determine which track should be "first".

Hi Zac,
    You can select this in the Copy and Ripper modules with the default arrow, see the capture below. Here I have set the output to play the French language stream by default but all are available for manual selection in your player. This generally is preset to 1) the language of the disc itself or 2) the stream default for a particular title or playlist (like a commentary).
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011 DEFAULT_NEW.png Views:	1 Size:	126.9 KB ID:	344961

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, I understand how this can be done, disc by disc, I'm talking about a generic option in settings, such that one can specify an ordered list of audio formats that should always be the "default" when choosing a new source, instead of having to change it for each disc.

So If, in settings, I could specify a list like:

English TrueHD/7.1
      English TrueHD/5.1
      English DTS-HD Master
      English PCM 5.1
      English 5.1

Then when I specify a new disk for ripping, whichever track matched my priority list would automatically be set as the default, so I don't have to do it each and every time I specify a disk.

Thanks!

Comment

@ ZacWolf ,
        I thought what you posted in #3 was what you wanted.
        That's why I didn't post the method signals posted.

@ signals ,
        I haven't tested the method you posted with DVD Ripper.
        I have tested it with DVD Copy.
        Try that and see what DVDFab Media Player uses as the default audio track.
        My results were that the English audio track was selected .

When I tested with VLC player the French audio track was selected as I thought it should be.
        I didn't test with other players but I could as I still have the rip where the French audio track was "arrowed" to be the primary audio track.
        The DVD I tested with only had AC-3/2 audio tracks but the process should be the same.

Comment

Working...
        X