This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save ISO File to Network Drive

I am asking the engineers at DVDFab to add a very important feature to the destination drives for ISO files as detailed below.

Nowadays, networking in every household is a must. I used to be able to save onto a network drive at my mediaserver using DVDFab 8 series. This saved me a lot of time from the additional efforts to re-transfer the DVDFab-produced files from my PC to the mediaserver. However, the old file system is prone to fragmented damages over time. Therefore, I was very thankful for the ISO system in the DVDFab 9.

Nevertheless, under the DVDFab 9, the default destination drives are limited to "This PC", creating the unnecessary parking at "This PC". Given the fact that DVDFab was able to allow the users to select drives within a network to send the files after processing, the inability to deliver directly to a network drive for the ISO files must be an overlook. Therefore, I would be most grateful, if DVDFab can add this feature for the ISO files.

I have moved your thread to the proper forum, since it is a Feature Request. Which version (x86 or x64) and release number of DVDFab are you using? Normally, I believe it should see any drive that is available to Windows as a valid Target. It can even see the DVDFab Movie Server drive as a Target to write output directly.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi, I still use 9.042, because it is adequate for my purposes. The C drive of this PC is the only destination available, which is different from the 8 Series. The 8 Series allowed me to select my media server as the destination drive, saving me a significant amount of time and efforts. Such feature may still exist with the 8 Series, but it does not have ISO as alternative. Hopefully, this dilemma can be solved with little efforts by the engineers at DVDFab, if they are not too busy. Thanks,

Comment

I have no problems selecting and Saving To: network drives.

I'm not using DVDFab 8 or Windows XP anymore, though.

Comment

childer,
          You are using obsolete and unsupported versions of your OS and DVDFab, to expect the same results as users with up-to-date operating environments is unrealistic.No offense intended, but those are the facts.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X