Merge files from 2 different ISO files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merge files from 2 different ISO files

This might already be possible in the Merge mode, but from what I could tell, it only seems to merge from the 1 ISO source. I have a 2 disc set coming in the mail, and I would love to be able to rip both ISO files then merge the two titles (they are 2 parts of the massive Jesus of Nazareth movie) into one directly from the software by loading the two ISO files into DVDFab.

Is this already possible? If not, would it be possible to add a feature to select titles from different ISO sources to merge into one?
    Thanks!

You can already do this with Merge mode, but it can't work miracles. The merged volumes can still only be the size of a DL blank disc and DVDFab will compress them to make this happen, so there will be some reduction in quality that you may wish to consider. Are these discs DVDsor Blu-rays?

To get the best results when using Merge, I suggest the following steps:
    1. Process each disc to a folder (not an ISO) on your hard drive using the Main Movie option in Copy mode and be sure to de-select any audio or sub streams that you do not really want.
    2. The end of part 1 may have a credit roll at the end. If it does, see if you can chop it off using the Chapter Range selection in DVDFab
    3. If it has HD audio, use the setting in DVDFab Copy to remove it, it can save 500MB or more that can be devoted to video.
    4. If it has any translation subtitles, be sure to include them.
    5. Having both parts in folders will let Merge run very fast and both Source files must be continuously available until Merge completes.

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks so much for the response. These discs were blu-rays. Was hoping to merge into one large mp4 file to stream - not to burn on a disc. Can in merge into an single video file? Wasn't looking for it to merge into an ISO file.

Comment

Just a few notes on using the Merge function (if you ever decide to use it), based on my personal experience. Even if you leave Remove HD Audio and Convert DTS to AC3 unchecked, it will still convert all audio to AC3 (non-HD) , even if the source is DTS, DTS-HD or. AC3-HD. I have tried this on several merges and it does it on all. I have reported this previously here on this forum and a DVD Staff member replied back that she would let developers know, but this has not yet been corrected as of the latest version. S
        ince Merge does not give you any audio options,
        I first load each movie in Copy mode, make sure none of the boxes are checked regarding changes to the audio, then change to Merge function, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Still get only AC3 output.

Also, the Merge function creates a custom menu by default that you can (and probably should) modify to your tastes, including font colors/sizes, text content and placement and menu background (either using built-in backgrounds or your own). You can also select not to have a menu at all. You can access this by clicking on the tool icon, which will also give you an option on output (i.e. BD50, BD25, etc.) as well as entering a volume name (It names the output volume 'MyBlu-ray' by default). I have used this function on a few occasions and the quality is not too bad, though I wish there was an option to select the type of audio output instead of just AC3 (of course unless both sources are AC3). As signals mentioned, working from folders is very fast and smooth. Typically merging two 25GB size movies into one 25 GB size movie takes from 15 to 20 minutes, or less, total time with CUDA enabled on my system.

Comment

Thanks so much for that info - is that just for merging into one big ISO file? I am actually looking to merge them into one large mp4 file - not ISO.

Comment

I didn't purchase the Ripper module, but it seems to have the capability to convert to mp4. It also looks as if it has a merge function (the icon next to the +Add selection) so that may be what you need. If you have the ripper module, you might want to give that a try. Since it appears that you have to use the same source folder to merge from in the Ripper mode, you might first have to merge the two source disks using Main Movie copy into one folder as above, then use ripper to convert and merge the two titles from that single folder. Not sure if that will merge into a single mp4 file, or still merge as two titles into one single folder. If you are not going to burn to a disc, you should select BD50 as output for all functions so you get minimal compression and retain quality.
            Last edited by LaciBacsi; 06-19-2018, 07:53 AM.

Comment

The Ripper module will allow you to merge or join two existing video files. For best results they files to be joined should be made with the same settings for size, video and audio. The merged video files will not have menus of any sort.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

thx so much! I will give these a try when the disc set comes in.

Comment

Working...
                X