Clone format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Converter Clone format

Forgive me if this is covered but I searched and didnt find anything.

is there a way to clone a format from an existing video file?

e.g. select an existing file to analyze and identify the codec then apply that setting to another conversion.

like using the eye dropper in photoshop to select a color - then select the file with the good format you want to clone on to another file conversion?

thanks

You can't do that, but you can set a profile and its settings as the default (click 'Save my profile'), to be used whenever you open Ripper or Converter. See the capture. You can choose to check the 'Save Resolution' box if your source files are always the same size, but this can have unpredictable results if the source sizes are different and you have chosen an output size that is not compatible. If you have a file that works well, you can scan it with MediaInfo (free, google it) and see what settings were used, then put them into the Advanced Settings Page.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011ADVSETTINGGS.png Views:	1 Size:	23.8 KB ID:	373689

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks - I found that, my problem is that I don't know the configuration of a MP4 file that plays fine on my ROKU, I tried the MP4 settings in the profile and adjusting different rates and speed settings but I have issues with those playing. I was looking for an option to "Grab" the settings from an existing file and then apply that to a new conversion. - Kind of like the Eyedropper in Photoshop can select the exact color you want to match and allow you to reuse it without having to guess - this would do the same with the codec settings and match a selected file format.
      I think this could be a useful feature.

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Use MediaInfo as your eyedropper, see my earlier post. You can get it here free: https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

ok - Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X