Pre-select for "Overwrite or Not" dialogue box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Pre-select for "Overwrite or Not" dialogue box

When ripping blu-ray to mp4, I like to rip all titles (including commentaries, bonus features etc). Quite often there are tracks that have identical titles and DVDFAB prompts with the "Overwrite or Not" dialogue box where you can choose to "replace exisiting file" or "save both files". I always want to "save both files"; there is a tick box for "do this for all future conflicts" which only applies for the current disc and is not remembered the next time you rip a disc. Is it possible to permanently select this setting? I've searched through the Settings menu and cannot find it.

I guess the answer's "no" then. It would be nice not to have to set this every time I rip a disc.

Comment

Do you not name the mp4 files individually before ripping? If they are ripped from different playlist numbers they should each be different when from the same disc (....Title xx in file name). For a different disc where the playlist numbers could be duplicated, perhaps you could write them to an individual folder named with the movie title. ??

I may not be completely clear on your unusual procedure for making the rips.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

To expound on Glassrat post 11-13-2019 Pre-select for "Overwrite or Not" dialogue box regarding Blu-ray ripper.
        Movie "My_Movie" contains the following titles on the disc (for the sake of this example .MP4 is the output format);

My_Movie.theatrical.MP4
        My_Movie.makingof.MP4
        My_Movie.makingof.MP4
        My_Movie.makingof.MP4
        My_Movie.documentary.MP4
        My_Movie.documentary.MP4

Choosing to rip all of the titles will result in DVDFab prompting to "Overwrite or Not" after My_Movie.makingof.MP4 because the next title in succession is My_Movie.makingof.MP4, even though it is a completely different file. The inherent options at this prompt are "replace existing files" or "save both files", which will append duplicate titles with _1, _2, ...

If I am not actively watching the ripping process to immediately respond when this prompt appears I am almost certain to have to cancel the operation, close DVDFab, clear temp files and relaunch the program to rip the remaining files since there will most likely be one or more failures to rip depending on the number of files. The only other alternative is to manually rename each file before ripping which is very cumbersome and not a user-friendly process. Just for the sake of argument I am using an HP Z840, Intel Xeon E5-2630v3 8 Cores, AMD FirePro W7100, 32 GB RAM, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M2, Windows 10 Pro 1909, so hardware & OS should not be an issue.

If the option to ALWAYS save both files and append them (_1, _2 ...), or some other logical naming sequence were core to the DVDFab configuration instead of having to choose this for each disc it would be terrific. Most times when I'm ripping a Blu-ray, I start the process and go about other business (or go to sleep) so when I return I hope the project is finished. Instead I find 1 or 2 titles out of 40 completed and a dialog box wanting me to choose what do with duplicate files.

Comment

Yes, this would be nice to have. Sometimes I'll start a long queue and leave it overnight only to find the next day that it paused at 5% complete with this popup asking what I wanted to do, replace or save both. It would be great if Fab could remember my choice.

Comment

I run into this all the time. It would be great if an option to save files all files with the same name were in Common Settings so that I don't have to babysit each disc.

Comment

+1

Comment

Working...
              X