Option to NOT show content of PM's in email notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Option to NOT show content of PM's in email notifications

Hey all. I'd like to request the option of a setting under Notifications to NOT show the content of a PM or other notification when we receive an email notification. Would it be possible instead to simply receive an email letting us know that we have a notification or PM waiting to be read once we log in to the Fab website? I'd rather my email provider not be able to read my messages. Thx for your continued hard work!

Sorry, this is not possible on an individual basis. You can turn them off altogether but that is the only option.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ah that's a shame. I had notifications turned off but I would forget I was waiting on incoming PM's and may not return to the site for weeks without a reminder. If it can't be done on an individual basis I would request the Fab team consider making the change on a site-wide basis. Not showing the contents of a PM in an email but rather simply telling people that they had a PM waiting for them would protect everyone's privacy. Either way, thx for all the hard work!

Comment

Sorry it is a non-adjustable aspect of VBulletin. I think the idea is that if anyone enables email notifications, they would want to see what it is about. You can turn previewing off in gmail, possibly other clients as well.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X