Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customise Aspect Ratio (Stretch Video)

Previously requested.

Please bring back the ability to stretch video in Ripper and Converter modules by adjusting the Aspect Ratio, as it was in DVDFab10, to enable move on to DVDFab11.

This function is currently only available in DVDFab10 or previous.

Incorrect, it is still there. Use the icon that looks like a pair of scissors. I will add some captures.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks Signals

I don't seem to have a 'pair of scissors'. I've looked at the crop options and other functions but cannot see any way to customise the aspect ratio so that the video is stretched. In DVDFab10 there is a slider.

The problem is that after cropping the black bars simply become wider.

Shortly after the release of DVDFab11 I raised this with Support who advised it was no longer possible to stretch the video. They suggested continuing to use DVDFab10.

It has now been some time since the release of DVDFab11 and I am still using DVDFab10 to stretch the video. At some point I will need to move on.

If, as you suggest, there is a way to stretch video in DVDFab11 then please let me know the steps required.

Thanks

Comment

Traveller, I sorry to tell you I am incorrect on this one!! This was an occasionally useful feature that I used several times to repair DVDs that were authored with slightly stretched or squashed images, but it is currently not possible. I am in contact with the Beijing staff every day and will raise this issue with them to see if we can get it back. It has been at least a year since I used it and maybe longer, so....I plead a brain cells issue.

Using an older version is a workaround that may not work for all current discs due to the missing updates.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks Signals. Sorry for my delayed response, I've been away for a week or so.

As suggested by the Support staff I've been using DVDFab10 as a workaround, but sadly the time will come when DVDFab10 will become outdated and not work.

Any assistance to get the Customised Aspect Ratio (Stretch) function into DVDFab11 and future versions (Ripper & Converter modules) would be much appreciated.

Regards

Comment

Hi

Has there been any progress in attempting to have Customize Aspect Ratio function added in the DVDFab 11 Ripper and Conversion modules, similar to the functionality available in DVDFab 10?

It would avoid having to rip more recent discs with DVDFab 11 and then customize Aspect Ratio in DVDFab 10.

Comment

Hi

I just received an email advising that the 11.0.9.9 is the best of recent updates. Well, it probably might be if I was able to use it.

Without the 'Customise Aspect Ratio' function DVDFab 11 is of no use, at least to me. I'm stuck with DVDFab 10.

No reason has been provided as to why the Customise Aspect Ratio function was dropped in DVDFab 11, so I can only assume the team determined there were insufficient users that would use the function.

Ripping in DVDFab11 and then Converting with DVDFab10 is not a good option.

Comment

Hi

The Customize Aspect Ratio function (slider that enabled the video to be stretched) that was removed with the release of DVDFab11, and also missing in DVDFab12, has not been re-instated.

I guess I'm the only user that finds the Customize Aspect Ratio function useful.

Looks like it's a lifetime of DVDFab10 at least for me.

I'm amazed that no other users miss this useful function.

Comment

As noted almost a year ago, I used it occasionally with old DVDs that were poorly transferred but not otherwise. I have no idea why it was removed but suspect some change in the Ripper engine would not support it. I will check again.

Comment

Tks Signals, much appreciated.

Apologies for the delayed response...I've been away over the holiday season.

Comment

Traveller , you are not alone. I think that this feature should be back. Please super programmers, make it real! :-)

Comment

Hi
                        I have not used DVDFab versions since the Customise Aspect Ratio was removed when V11 was released. Pls let me know if any effort has been made to return the function in Version 12. There is little point reinstalling V12 just to see if the function has been added in an update.

Comment

It appears that noone is willing to respond or the question is not understood.

The Customise Aspect Ratio functions was removed with the release of DVDFab 11. Has the function been added back in the V12 updates?

If not why can it not be provided as in V10 and earlier versions?

I could install V12 and test for the function but it seems pointless to reinstall and remove the program just to test if the function is there.

Regards

Comment

Noone responded. Re-installed DVDFab12 (latest version) and found that the Aspect Ratio cannot be customised. Current version is of no use to me without this function so again uninstalled.

Comment

A further request to reinstate the Customize Aspect Ratio (stretch video) as was available in DVDFab 10. Without this function I've not been able to use DVDFab beyond V10217.

Comment

Working...
                              X