This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Full 64-bit version

I installed the trial of 6.2.0.5 in Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and it is installed in the "Program Files (x86)" folder.

Are there plans for a full 64-bit version of the software?

Thanks for a quick answer,

Asterix

I doubt you will see this anytime soon. Why would you need a "quick answer" on something like this? It runs fine on Win7/64.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Full 64-bit version

The reason for my answer: would it be quicker in conversion to for example divx or mkv? Maybe a 64-bit version could use some features of a 64-bit OS?

Comment

I think you will find that CUDA encode-decode support in your video card will make more difference. I have a notebook with an i7-820QM and it runs at about 70-80% when compressing Blu-rays, the video card does most of the work. The speed bottleneck seems to still be the optical drive read speed. The one in my notebook is crummy. USB external is faster reading Blu-rays.

OT: Thanks HP for putting that crap Matshita drive in my $$$ notebook.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

6205 is outdated and I would test the new version for evaluation.
          DVD to Mobile doesn't use Cuda to encode mobile files but ting did announce in a post that it will be added in a future release (just in case anyone was wondering).
          Currently just Bluray to Bluray, Bluray to Mobile and File to Mobile takes advantage of Cuda.

Comment

the cuda sped my process up by about an hour each!

Comment

Working...
            X