X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Instant Troubleshooting Tips

Hi All.

I've been using DVDFab for about a year but I'm new to the forums.

After having my first problem using DVDFab I was eventually able to get help on the forum.

See: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...7006#post27006

I'm not too good with programs when they don't work properly and even worse trying to fix them. After spending hours trying to get my computer to burn properly a very simple solution was put to me and the problem was solved.

The point is I feel the solution could have quite easily been suggested to me at the time the error occurred.

Without getting into specifics the data log and the error message should have been enough for DVDFab to at least suggest a troubleshooting solution, particularly if it compared the data log for successful burns with unsuccessful ones.

In a nutshell all I am asking is why a paying non-computer-whiz end-user should have to explore forums out of frustration when a simple solution could have been put to me at the time the error occurred.

I am very happy with DVDFab however I feel at times that program designers forget that not everybody is proficient with all aspects of how a PC works (or doesn't).

Anyhow I'm just giving some feedback here because I enjoy using DVDFab and I'd like to make it more enjoyable. Hopefully you guys can think of ways to make problem solving a bit simpler for people like me and save other customers the headaches I've had.

Cheers.

I can certainly see that it could be useful for the casual user that has no inclination to learn more about the processes of making backups (which is fine). One problem I can envision is the size that DVDFab would have to be to accommodate interactive help for all possible configurations of hardware, OS/driver/software and content that are out there, not to mention all the different copy modes that DVDFab has now. Users were complaining several years ago that it had become bloatware (this when the installer was about 7 MB, it's twice that now). Perhaps someday an interactive help function could be added to the dvdfab.com website. And I notice that you had an answer here on the forum in less than 15 minutes.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

If size is an issue then perhaps offer a help guide as an option. When making backups that are 5+ gigabytes in size I'd happily make room somewhere for a few extra megabytes if it ensured smooth and consistent performance.

As interesting as it, I don't particularly want to know all the intricate details involved with making backups. That's why I purchased the program, to do that for me.

My computer hardware hasn't changed which is why it's so frustrating when a program that is running perfectly ceases to do so. Is that DVDFab's fault? Probably not but at the very least it would be great if it some "standard" settings were noted after a successful rip. At least then DVDFab would have something to fall back on when it starts to fail.

Anyway, this is just my feedback as a customer. I'm assuming this Feature Request forum is to get direct feedback from your market which, like it or not, includes people who are not backup experts like myself. So take from this what you will.

It just seems that so many programs now days are written with an expectation that the presumed knowledge of the end user is a lot higher than it actually is which is probably why there are so many forums like this one. All I'm trying to suggest is that a more direct approach from DVDFab might help it stand out from the crowd.

Cheers.

Comment

I understand your point and the developers welcome and encourage this type of feedback. Thanks for taking the time to make a well-thought out suggestion.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

No problemo.

Comment

DaOozi9mm
            I understand how frustrating this is for you and other members when problems arise.
            I myself new nothing about computers a little over a year ago but Goggle was very helpful, so I read allot and learn on my own. I also read every post everyday to learn, I also just joined Fab back in November so I am no long time user of this product.
            The real reason for your drive reverting to PIO mode has nothing to do with DVD Fab, it is caused either bad disc's, dirty disc's, and even scratched disc's, and the reason your drive reverted to PIO mode was a Microsoft doing, anyway good luck.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
            X