X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Nvidia GTX 470 hardware Support

Hello everybody,

What'up about Nvidia GTX 470 - GTX 480 hardware acceleration support ?

Originally posted by cschmalz View Post
    Hello everybody,

What'up about Nvidia GTX 470 - GTX 480 hardware acceleration support ?
    You've got to be more specific. I know you can do it.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Not supported not supported not supported

Whenever you do not know the box unchecked and revenue enhancement support

Comment

In the latest version ( DVDFab 7.0.7.0) still does not support CUDA.

Comment

DVDFab supports CUDA with most Nvidia cards, the 470 just does not work with DVDFab yet. Or many other appplications according to the forums I have read recently. Maybe a driver/BIOS problem?
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

In addition to Signals' message.
            GT470/480 is a new nVIDIA's breed with new chip architecture. It requires re-writing CUDA data management script. It would take some time, and all CUDA enabled program developers are scrambling in doing that. nVIDIA being nVIDIA were provided CUDA developer's package for these cards after release (except a few, close to nVIDIA software developers' teams). So, please be patient. And as I was suggesting in other threads "downgrading" your card may help (it helped to some). For that you should go to nVIDIA Control Panel and disable PhysX, and switch it to a single-GPU mode.
            sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
              In addition to Signals' message.
              GT470/480 is a new nVIDIA's breed ..........For that you should go to nVIDIA Control Panel and disable PhysX, and switch it to a single-GPU mode.
              Do you know of anyone who has a 470/480 with a supported card dedicated to Physix and it is working?

I currently have a GTX 275 with a 9800GTX dedicated to Physix.
              You guys are great!

Comment

Originally posted by Zontor View Post
                Do you know of anyone who has a 470/480 with a supported card dedicated to Physix and it is working?

I currently have a GTX 275 with a 9800GTX dedicated to Physix.
                GTX4xx cards in any way does not work even with the latest version(DVDFab 7.0.7.5 Beta) of DVDFab. PhysX open or closed does not matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Armageddon View Post
                  GTX4xx cards in any way does not work even with the latest version(DVDFab 7.0.7.5 Beta) of DVDFab. PhysX open or closed does not matter.
                  nVIDIA 4-series Fermi-based cards required CUDA 3 script. It's not written for DVDFab yet. As soon as CUDA 3 implemented, Fermi-based cards will be useful, in a meanwhile, please enjoy your cards in gaming while patiently waiting for DVDFab to catch up.
                  sigpic

Comment

try using decoder settings of DXVA instead of CUDA for both H.264 and VC1 remaining with encoder set as software+cuda.

i have a GTX 480 and a GTX 280 for PhysX... works ok. about 3.5 hours on sherlock holmes (i7 965).

from your information, and others, does having PhysX set on the GTX 280 mean that the 480 isn't being used?

Comment

Originally posted by pshonk View Post
                      try using decoder settings of DXVA instead of CUDA for both H.264 and VC1 remaining with encoder set as software+cuda.

i have a GTX 480 and a GTX 280 for PhysX... works ok. about 3.5 hours on sherlock holmes (i7 965).

from your information, and others, does having PhysX set on the GTX 280 mean that the 480 isn't being used?
                      It seems no GPU acceleration is working on your machine. 3.5 hrs for the movies is too much if GPU is engaged, but it sounds about right with software CPU conversion considering i7 965 CPU.
                      sigpic

Comment

thanks.. I was sceptical originally but using EVGA Precision shows 8-12% on the GTX 480 when DXVA is enabled... using CUDA the whole process just stops at 0.11% or 0.22% complete. So looks like something is occuring.

Just replaced the m/b and CPU with Rampage III Extreme and i980x (no overclocking just yet) processing is now 90 minutes for highest quality and two pass or 60 minutes for single pass... still with around 10% GPU usage.

Comment

I also have GTX 480 but haven't tried CUDA yet, there seems to be a few settings you can tinker with. What have people tried and got to work well?

Comment

Working...
                          X