X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) DVDfab using own divx codec

Hi,

I bought the divx codec from divx. I would like to be able to use this codec when converting a movie from dvd to divx format.

Is this possible?

Regards,

José Antonio

No it is not. Fab uses internal codecs only.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

This may change in the future, but I almost hope it does not. Allowing external codecs would be a support nightmare.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I totally agree. If it happens, I'm gone !!!
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Use the DivX crap to do it as you have already bought it.

This is not a Fab question. Please post such questions in a DivX forum, not here.

Originally posted by joseahernandez View Post
          Hi,

I bought the divx codec from divx. I would like to be able to use this codec when converting a movie from dvd to divx format.

Is this possible?

Regards,

José Antonio

Comment

does this mean we cannot ask for function to use the hauppauge hardware mpeg2 encoders? or CCE encoders?

Comment

You can ask in a "Feature Request" by all means, but that does not mean that you will receive !!!

Comment

Absolutely, start a feature request for this if it is something that would enhance your use of DVDFab or things you do with video. It may turn up as a new feature or even a new product.

Originally posted by ollie View Post
                does this mean we cannot ask for function to use the hauppauge hardware mpeg2 encoders? or CCE encoders?
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  Absolutely, start a feature request for this if it is something that would enhance your use of DVDFab or things you do with video. It may turn up as a new feature or even a new product.
                  a new product that allowed using 3rd party products would be nice but the DVDFab we have already I would like to stay the way it is

Comment

Hi,

Maybe the way I phrased it was not the right one, I know it is not possible and it is something that I would like. And I would like it because I am tired of having to rip movies twice or three times (or not doing it at all) as my children are pluringual and I would prefer if one file included all the languages something that it is not available at the moment and I thought that the divx codec would do.

On the other hand, comments like "use the divx crap to do it" or "you can ask for it, but you will not receive it" are a bit arrogant.

Comment

joseahernandez,
                      now you've got me all confused. What possibly use of DivX codec has to do with multilingual rip?????
                      If you are looking for suitable container for your content, there's nothing better than MKV, and seems, it will serve all your needs. Besides, in later time, if you decided to add more language or subtitles tracks, you can do it in a matter of minutes.
                      You have to give us some more info about your playback arrangement for us to give you a sensible advice on MKV playback.

Originally posted by joseahernandez View Post
                      Hi,

Maybe the way I phrased it was not the right one, I know it is not possible and it is something that I would like. And I would like it because I am tired of having to rip movies twice or three times (or not doing it at all) as my children are pluringual and I would prefer if one file included all the languages something that it is not available at the moment and I thought that the divx codec would do.

On the other hand, comments like "use the divx crap to do it" or "you can ask for it, but you will not receive it" are a bit arrogant.
                      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

The exact wording was "but that does not mean that you will receive !!!" which is truthful. not arrogant.

I also stated that you may certainly lodge a feature request, which you have.

On the DivX issue, if you wish to use particular features of DivX, your comments would be better confined to a DivX forum, not a Fab forum.
                        Last edited by GregiBoy; 07-12-2010, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                          Use the DivX crap to do it as you have already bought it.

This is not a Fab question. Please post such questions in a DivX forum, not here.
                          I found it rude and condescending. Your first post answered his question and then three post later you insult him for buying divx to try and solve his problem. How is asking if you can you use divx with dvdfab not a fab question?
                          Last edited by axsident; 07-12-2010, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Divx codec

I also have purchased xxx. I use it in a program for my satellite TV receiver pci card called ProgDVB and this has the option to use external codecs if you want. It comes with a warning that external codecs to be used at your own risk and are not supported. But at least there is the option. I tried xvid but the results from the latest divx codec are far superior and is definitely not crap as suggested above.
                            Last edited by AGJ; 11-05-2010, 08:12 AM. Reason: General Policies

Comment

Please check the post dates before responding to an old thread. This area is for feature requests, not debates about codecs and this thread is no longer serving the intended purpose and will be closed. The ability to use external codecs has been on the requested list for some time. If you are reading this and want to see this feature in DVDFab, please start a new thread for the feature request.

Comment

Working...
                              X