This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HD DVD to BLU Ray

It would be nice to convert my HD DVD's to BLURay or even plain DVD. Would that feature be usful to anyone else?

I've got 8 or 10 HD-DVDs that I do not have on BD. When my standalone HD-DVD player dies, it would be nice to be able to preserve the content. Maybe this can be added someday when the BD featureset is completed.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmith View Post
      It would be nice to convert my HD DVD's to BLURay or even plain DVD. Would that feature be usful to anyone else?
      +1
      That would be good I'd go for that. There is a way to do that its difficult to say the least.

Comment

+1 too! HDDVD2Blu there is a niche in the market for this!

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          I've got 8 or 10 HD-DVDs that I do not have on BD. When my standalone HD-DVD player dies, it would be nice to be able to preserve the content. Maybe this can be added someday when the BD featureset is completed.
          I Don't know about yours, but my blue-ray player also plays HD-DVD discs,
          but being able to back up the discs to another format would be nice to have.

Comment

Just adding my 3 cents in the pot here, I would sure like to see this also.

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
            Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

******* is a freeware program that nicely (albeit slowly) converts BD to HD-DVD.

The problem is ripping the HD-DVD in the first place.
              Last edited by AGJ; 11-30-2009, 05:57 AM. Reason: removed a competitor name

Comment

The software I mentioned is not a competitor. It cannot decrypt or rip any type of video disk.
                It's just a transcoder/remuxer. You need some other software to rip the disk first.

DVDFab rips Blu-Ray but not HD-DVD and will not transcode or remux either of them.

Comment

Well this the DVDFab forum and that programs home page gives links to a competitor programs forum. Also maybe you should give the General Policies a read

Comment

5.0.8.5 mentions it can do HDDVD...

Comment

Working...
                    X