Copy to ISO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Copy to ISO

I have searched, but I didn't see this request. I did see a similiar request for Blue-ray disc and this request would apply to Blu-ray and DVD. When selecting a Full Disc copy, be given the option of output to ISO. I generally copy to the file system and then create the ISO. Opening an ISO would be great for DVD to Mobile too.

Thanks,
    Bobby

Found my own answer.

Comment

DVD to Mobile works very well from a VIDEO_TS folder on your hard drive as well, a disc image is not really necessary. I do most of my BD conversions from the original disc.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

My request would be for it to be a default output option under DVD Copy, like Folder or Writer. If not, could it at least be memorized as part of the 'Memorize UI" function of the program so I wouldn't have to select it every time.

Also, could the default ISO folder be stripped with an option, like un-checking the "Create in Subfolders" option that gets rid of the Full Disc and Main Movie subfolders when outputting as DVD folders. My images go on a drive by themselves, I don't need them to be inside a folder on the drive.

Before it didn't matter to me as I was using the free version for folders and making ISO's with DVD Shrink. Since I broke my piggy bank open and got licensed, I do direct to ISO since DVDFab does the compressing now. Now I use one drive just for ISO's as before, and have changed the other from holding the folders(in case Shrink screwed up on the compression) to being used for Windows back up files and system image.

Comment

camparks
          My request would be for it to be a default output option under DVD Copy, like Folder or Writer. If not, could it at least be memorized as part of the 'Memorize UI" function of the program so I wouldn't have to select it every time
          I am not sure if this is what you want but Open Fab Click the Green top right > click DVD to DVD Default output type
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I think camparks wants to be able to set ISO as a default output type, which would be handy for many users. For it to happen without further intervention I think you would have to accept the disc's volume name as the ISO filename.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, default ISO - and he was on the right track. I was wondering if perhaps it would be implemented by it being an option under DVD Copy where you select the default output.

If it can't, then could my choice of clicking the disc image at the end of the target box for ISO be "memorized" just like destinations are in the target drop-box. That way it would be "default" upon next restart.

The choices now are only DVD Folder or DVD Writer. Writer skips straight to burning. I like to have the image for backup and in case their is a burn problem - so I don't have to run Fab again, just burn a new one.

Comment

Working...
              X