Blueray to DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Blueray to DVD

I am anxious to be able to convert Blueray to DVD 5 or 8. I've read you're woring on it, any timeline yet?
    Thanks, Panda47,

This can already be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellavance View Post
      This can already be done.
      This statement is incorrect!!!!

Fab currently can produce a BD9 or a BD5 of a BR disk. These are in effect Mini Blu-Ray disks and can only be played in a BR player.

The developers are working on a module that will turn a BR Rip into a DVD structure which will then play in standard DVD players. There is currently no timeframe for this and we are not privy to such information on this forum.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

They are DVD discs but do not have DVD structure and can't be played in a DVD player or with DVD player software on a PC.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, yes, yes. Please, please please!

I would love this feature. One piece of software that can rip BD directly to a DVD iso that can be mounted and played as a standard DVD!

I know some people may find this crazy - why compress BD to DVD; but I have a Media Center and I rip all my DVDs as iso's so I can watch the full disc (inc extras).
          I can, just iso a BD, but this obviously takes huge amounts of space (5x - 10x). Ripping a BD to DVD means I can also watch it on other TV's in the house that aren't HD.

Originally posted by panda47 View Post
          I am anxious to be able to convert Blueray to DVD 5 or 8. I've read you're woring on it, any timeline yet?
          Thanks, Panda47,

Comment

Be patient.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Just asking but wouldn't you need an upconverting DVD player with an output for 1080p for this benefit from the higher quality video? And would that player have to support AVCHD? Just wondering as standard DVD players output a max of 480p which kind of defeats the purpose of higher quality video. I mean is it really going to look any better on standard DVD player on a Standard Definition TV than a regular DVD would?

Comment

Originally posted by DharmaBummed69 View Post
                . I mean is it really going to look any better on standard DVD player on a Standard Definition TV than a regular DVD would?
                No it would not but it will still be better to be able to have a Blu-ray for the Blu-ray player and a DVD for the DVD players in the other rooms. Not all Blu-rays are in the combo packs where you get a DVD as well so being able to convert Blu-ray to DVD that can play on DVD player would be a plus even if it would be an extra charge for the feature.

I would want it that way all I have to buy are Blu-rays and no longer need to buy DVDs

Comment

Originally posted by DharmaBummed69 View Post
                  Just asking but wouldn't you need an upconverting DVD player with an output for 1080p for this benefit from the higher quality video? And would that player have to support AVCHD? Just wondering as standard DVD players output a max of 480p which kind of defeats the purpose of higher quality video. I mean is it really going to look any better on standard DVD player on a Standard Definition TV than a regular DVD would?
                  I think you would have to assume that a feature like this would output to DVD-Video specs to be playable on a standard DVD player. Otherwise what's the point? DVDFab can already put BD format on DVD discs.

Comment

This is a feature I really would like to see.

Blu Ray converted down to DVD (vob) format that creates bog standard DVD's that can be played on bog standard DVD players.

Like so many others, we have one large big TV connected to a Blu Ray player and several smaller TV's around the house with standard DVD players. Would be great to be able to watch any film in any room.

I know in a previous post it was mentioned that it was being looked into, but that was quite a time ago. (http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=3704)

Fingers crossed it will be happening soon.
                    Last edited by eon_deisngs; 09-23-2010, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Keep watching the release notes.

Comment

Working...
                      X