Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) [8.0.2.2] Include subtitles as stream in MKV

Hi

For BD to MKV rip options, I see only subtitles outside MKV, or embed subtitles in video.

Why no option to put the subtitles as a stream in the MKV?

P.

I have been testing some more tools and formats.

MakeMKV embeds subtitles as S_HDMV/PGS streams in MKV files, and these subtitles play just fine in MPC.

In order to convert a graphic subtitle format, like S_HDMV/PGS or the DVDFab sub formats to SRT, one has to use OCR.
    I tried Subtitle Edit, and it works, but it takes alot of manual labor and time.

Since MPC does support playback of the native BD S_HDMV/PGS streams, I would like for DVDFab to be able to embed these streams in the MKV.

P.

Comment

Moving your thread to Feature Request.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok, a new feature with subtitle options would be great.

Output Options:
        - Include original BD subtitle stream (S_HDMV/PGS) in MKV
        - Convert subtitle to IDX/VOB and include in MKV
        - Convert subtitle to IDX/VOB and copy external (not really required for modern players)

Selection UI:
        - Show subtitle type, language, and if it is forced

Comment

Can we please get an update on mkv subtitles?

As of April 27, 2013 there are at least 10 requests in the feature requests forum dating back to 2010 to have subtitles as a stream in the mkv container.

Can someone from DVDFab please respond to us paying customers as to when this might be addressed?

The current subtitle functionality is definitely not as good as several other products. (However, DVDFab has some other great features, which is why I prefer it.)

If you're not clear on what is being asked, feel free to look at some of the other posts...

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...ight=subtitles

Don't hesitate to reach out, if it's still not clear.

Comment

You are correct but has been longer than 2010 especially for DVD's.

This has been asked for since 2005 from memory and the other products that you refer to have had this ability since then and one that I know of is FREE.

+10
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Subtitle remuxed into MKV feature will be available very soon.
              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
              http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Please ensure that the ability to mux MULTIPLE subs into the MKV streams is implemented.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Not to sound impatient but is there any ETA when this feature will be available ?

Very soon to me sometimes sound like "When it's done" (by John Carmack)

As mentioned by GregiBoy it would be way cool if all subtitles of a movie could be automatically added to the target MKV and/or may be only a specific language(s).

This would be nice both for re-encoding and straight mkv.remux...

TIA,
                  D$

Comment

$oulman
                    You do sound impatient. See post #7 from the ultimate Boss of this; no one can tell you more and nothing said here will speed it up.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

And as V8 is now not receiving any more updates, check using V9.

Comment

@signalman: Yes, may be I am sounding impatient....but this is mainly because BluRay Ripper screwed up the subtiltle informations of several movies I transcoded. Since I have learned not to trust BluRay ripper's subtitle processing but only the manual aproach where I verify the subtitle myself

The "Ultimate boss of this" would leave less question marks to me and possibly other paying customers if development would be more transparent, e.g. feature tracker which is publically available and tells us the progress.

We are not all dumb consume drones, you know ?

Until direct stream copy of sup subtitles is supported, I will stick to <one other tool> (to be forum compliant).

Unfortunately I do not trust BD ripper anymore....if CRF encoding comes as well as sup subtitle support, I will return but for now I stick to other (unfortunately) more reliable approaches.

@GregiBoy: Thanks for the hint but I crosscheck the most recent DVDFab 9 Beta now and then to see if things have changed.
                        Last edited by Dark$oul71; 05-18-2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X