This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOW-TO Subscribe to DVDFab Forums and/or Threads as an RSS feed

Because I can't stand to use MyCE anymore, I decided to just rely on this OFFICIAL forum for my DVD Fab news. The only problem was that MyCE allowed me to subscribe to the RSS feeds for certain forums, whereas this forum does not... well, not APPARENTLY anyway!

If you want to subscribe to a forum in your news feed reader, first you must navigate to the forum you want to follow. Let's use General Chat as an example since that's where you are anyway. If you open a new tab and go to the General Chat forum you'll see the address is:

Now make a note of the last part, f=7... that is the forum ID. Change the address to:

For any forum or post, just change "...forumdisplay.php..." to "external.php?type=rss2&..." to subscribe in your news reader.

Here's a few more example of useful feeds:

Latest Official Releases:
    Latest BETA Versions:
    DVDFab Knowledge Base:
    Feature Requests:
    General Questions:
    General Chat:
    DVDFab "DVD to DVD":
    DVDFab "Blu-ray to Blu-ray":
    DVDFab "DVD to Mobile" / "File to Mobile":
    DVDFab "File Mover":
    Third Party Products:

Enjoy using DVDFab forums in your news readers!
    Last edited by RobSpook; 11-06-2009, 06:26 PM.

This is the first mention of this since the forum opened. I'll see if there are some options in VBulletin that will make it easier. Thanks for posting the workaround for those that may be interested.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I am no administrator, and don't know much about forum software, but I think that RSS feeds are generally implemented as mods to the forum software.

Comment

Originally posted by RobSpook View Post
        I am no administrator, and don't know much about forum software, but I think that RSS feeds are generally implemented as mods to the forum software.
        This may certainly be true, I am still learning VBulletin. I think I remember seeing controls/settings for it somewhere. I'll try to find it when things quiet down.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X