Giveawayoftheday DVDFab DVD Copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveawayoftheday DVDFab DVD Copy

DVDFab DVD Copy was on Giveawayoftheday on 1/27/2011 .
    This had a key good for one year.
    I would like confirmation that this was a legitimate promotion & authorized by DVDFab & Fengtao.
    I would like this confirmed by Fengtao himself.
    The reason for that is I asked the question on the club.myce forum .
    I know DVDFab used the club.myce forum as it's forum before having this one at the DVDFab site.
    This is what Storm Jumper posted at club.myce forum :
    Originally Posted by fengtao
    Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for removing the link. We don't recommend user to discuss it on our forum.

Best Regards,
    Fengtao
    That neither confirms or denies that the promotion at Giveawayoftheday was authorized by Fengtao.
    I usually post on the club.myce forum but came here for a direct answer.

It is legitimate. The licenses given away are not the same as the ones you get when purchased.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

From what i understand, the GATD apps are not supported by the authors. That said members will be helping them and driving signals nuts here

Has any of them shown up here yet?

Welcome cholla, i thought you were already a member here.
      "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Thank you signals . I did read your post that it was legitimate at club.myce .
        Then Storm Jumper posted what he received from Fengtao & closed the topic.
        So I was confused.
        I did take advantage of the promotion & it is working OK so far.

Comment

Glad it is working well for you Cholla.

The giveaway users are welcome to join here for support, they just can't get it via email from the "factory".
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Bob , I usually have just used the club.myce forum .
            I was just making sure about the promotion & thought this was the best place to do that.
            The software from giveawayoftheday is supported by the authors in that they authorize there software being given away as a promotion .
            The supply what ever liscenses are necessary for the software to work.
            Sometimes this is permanant for the version given away.
            This time the DVD Copy has a year limit . It is still a good deal.
            The support that a person doesn't usually get from the author for giveawayoftheday software is tech support.
            Sometimes even tech support is given usually for a short time say about two weeks. That is up to the author.
            The main problem some people have is if they ever have to do a fresh reinstall of Windows they lose the software.
            I use Acronis & try to have a fairly current working backup.
            This has kept me from losing any of the giveaway software for a couple of years now.

Comment

Nothing wrong with having a freebie thrown out there every now and then. Is good business i think.

I don't go to CDF's anymore except to chat but not so much of that either.
              "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

I had a friend that wanted to take advantage of this. Because one mod I asked here did not know anything about it, I advised her against it thinking it may not have been legit. So, this was legit? She is going to kill me now, but I would rather not chance her being an accessory to piracy.

Crap.

Comment

Your friend should be happy that you have her back guarding against scams and such. The forum staff had no advance notice that this was going to be offered, so tell her it was our fault. We will take the heat.

Originally posted by RJordan View Post
                  I had a friend that wanted to take advantage of this. Because one mod I asked here did not know anything about it, I advised her against it thinking it may not have been legit. So, this was legit? She is going to kill me now, but I would rather not chance her being an accessory to piracy.

Crap.

Comment

lol... I hear ya!

Comment

@RJordan , Sometime giveaway offers programs again.

Comment

Working...
                      X