This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

won't copy DL

I have a general question, hope I placed this in the right area, I have a Lite On dual Layer burner, I mostly back up on SL disk because the kids sometime destroy the single layers and it cheaper to replace, But sometimes I will do a DL and when I back up in Imburn it tells me in the Info area that it is not changeable and gives me a error, I then back it up wiith my LG burner which says it is changeable that the only difference I can see.. Is there a way to have my Lite On burner changeable ? Thank you for any help you maybe able to give me...

Hi Mr Fixit
    Please give more information on your Liteon drive and post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thank you for your reply I will try and answer your questions, My LiteOn drive is a DL burner SHW 160, and it has in the past I think burned a DL disk, I am runing XP service pack 2 I have a burn log but there is nothing wrong with DVDFab, I use Imgburn seperate from Fab as my burn eng. and when I had the error with Imgburn I think it was a L0 problem I changed to my LG burner and it when on with out a problem perfect burn DL. So I checked the information tab in Imburn an noticed that it said at the bottom that it was not changable ( I am clueless on that) So that is why I think it didnot burn at all and it not related to any thing that DVDFab had did.. and I can not find the log from Imgburn that reported this problem, My LG burner had in the info it was changeable where I adjusted the speed of the burn same as for the LiteOne buner, what I would like to know is what makes has made this burner go into a non changeable mode. or How can I change it back.. to where it was before, something happened a I don't know what !! Thanks again for help in this problem..

Comment

Have you checked the firmware for your lite-on to make sure it is up to date ?

Comment

Thank you Stormjumber, I just went back to Imgburn and checked the log on the failed burn and it says Failed to set L0 Data, and reason Invalid field CDB the Firmware I will check on that but I just want to check on other areas before jumping on the firmware problem... if that is what it could be.

Comment

Originally posted by StormJumper View Post
            Have you checked the firmware for your lite-on to make sure it is up to date ?
            http://www.firmwarehq.com/Lite-On/SHW-160P6S/files.html
            Hi StormJumper
            It seems there is 2 different drives listed at Firmware HQ, I don't know which one to suggest to use with out seeing the logs as requested.
            I am guessing his drive does not like the media he is using, but it is all a guess without logs.
            @ Mr Fixit
            If you are using ImgBurn separate for your burning, open ImgBurn > click Help > ImgBurn logs, and post your most resent burn attempts.
            CBR929
            Last edited by CBR929; 04-01-2011, 02:27 PM. Reason: text
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Thanks all, Ok I firm ware like that Stormjumper sent was correct for my drive, and Yes I had crap media at this point I only use Verbatim disk , but it But really don't think that is the problem , I wll send you the log of my Img burn if If it will help It has alot of burns on it mainly on SL and Just a couple of DL maybe one or two, Please advise me on How to do this..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Fixit View Post
                Thanks all, Ok I firm ware like that Stormjumper sent was correct for my drive, and Yes I had crap media at this point I only use Verbatim disk , but it But really don't think that is the problem , I wll send you the log of my Img burn if If it will help It has alot of burns on it mainly on SL and Just a couple of DL maybe one or two, Please advise me on How to do this..
                If you are using Verbatim it is not crap media.
                You can use copy and paste method, or use the Attachment button here it is the little paper clip symbol, and browse to where your logs are.
                CBR929

Comment

Thank all you maybe right, on the media, I cheked the log of Imgburn and it said that the media (memorex, my wife had got those at one time and I had to try and use them up sorry) I will try my Verbatim and if I have any problem with that I will post back.. and give you all the infor you need, Thanks again all..

Comment

Please post it in a new thread in the DVD Copy support forum, not here in General Chat.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                    X