Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab 2D to 3D Converter not include for previous order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 2D to 3D Converter not include for previous order?

i just want do know it is previous customers for DVDFab DVD Ripper, Blu-ray Ripper, and Video Converter can get a DVDFab 2D to 3D Converter?

personal i'm a all in one lifetime package customer but after i update to DVDFab 8.0.9.0 Qt, realize DVDFab 2D to 3D Converter not include.

however went read the current all in one package offer, this grateful converter is included.

hope can get the answer here, and i hope i can get free here as i order a all in one package here.

thank

Originally posted by luke_83 View Post
    i just want do know it is previous customers for DVDFab DVD Ripper, Blu-ray Ripper, and Video Converter can get a DVDFab 2D to 3D Converter?

personal i'm a all in one lifetime package customer but after i update to DVDFab 8.0.9.0 Qt, realize DVDFab 2D to 3D Converter not include.

however went read the current all in one package offer, this grateful converter is included.

hope can get the answer here, and i hope i can get free here as i order a all in one package here.

thank
    I am in one lifetime package customer too and I think it's unfair if we have to pay for the 2D to 3D Converter.

Comment

Why is it unfair? You bought the product as advertised with these features and if devs throw in new features to current bundle, they are not to blame.
      人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
      Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Here is my opinion on the matter...

1.) If you have a Lifetime license to anything short of the All-In-One package you should not be entitled to any new modules in the All-In-One package. You should only be entitled to all future upgrades and new features to the modules that you have a lifetime license for. This has always been the case.

2.) If you have a Lifetime license to the All-In-One package (meaning you paid one fee for the package and didn't buy the modules individually) you should be entitled to all future modules, upgrades, and new features added to the Lifetime All-In-One package. Now this has not been the case, but to the consumer's benefit. Everyone who has held a Lifetime license to all of the modules (whether purchased individually or not) in the past have been granted the new modules in the future (i.e. Blu-Ray to DVD, Blu-Ray 3d Ripper, etc.).

When you buy a Lifetime license to a module/bundle you are not only buying what is advertised at that current time you are also buying into any new features or upgrades that are included in that software/bundle in the future.

If new module is added to the Lifetime All-In-One package but isn't granted to previous purchasers of the Lifetime All-In-One package then those previous Lifetime All-In-One licenses are not being honored. In a sense they no longer have the All-In-One package therefor are not only not getting what they paid for but also having something taken away from them (their Lifetime license to the All-In-One package).

Like I said in the beginning...what I have stated in this post is only my opinion. Anyone has the right to agree or disagree with me. Fengtao has always done the right and ethical thing as long as I have held my lifetime license and I'm sure he will continue to do so in the future. Whatever Fangtao decides in this matter I will still continue to believe it's the best software out there of it's kind and continue to recommend it to people in the future.

Update: I understand the 2D to 3D Converter is not a new module but instead an enhancement to the modules that currently exist. However, my point still stands.
        Last edited by jkadlec; 05-09-2011, 07:28 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Signals,

Have you heard anything on what Fengtao plans to do for current Lifetime License holders of the All-In-Package?

Comment

I'm new in DVDFab because just bought it the last two month. I still remember that time I decide why I choose a lifetime all in one package.
            I just want to be peace in mind for future to use this software. I believe some other outside member here still using this grateful software for non original.

Comment

Originally posted by jkadlec View Post
              Signals,

Have you heard anything on what Fengtao plans to do for current Lifetime License holders of the All-In-Package?
              Very recent purchasers (like a couple of weeks ago) will get it free, but the time limit will be strict. It will be visible in the Member Center on the DVDFab website, if your account is eligible. Registration is required to use this area, but it only takes a few minutes. The work may take a day to two to get ready, they are still fine tuning the policy and the website.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

mean if buyer from more than one month consider no eligible?
                i'm ordered March 2011

Comment

luke, I am not sure what the final cutoff date will be.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

it's possible for me? I bought it in February / March and April, ALL licenses (separately, one to one in various day...) for ALL product from fengtao software... I spent approximately 220 Euro (about 300 USD) in total ... Can I have 2D to 3D converter as a gift? Where I can see if this is possible in Members Area? thank you!!

this is my situation ... http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/dvdfabu.jpg/
                    Last edited by lzk87; 05-10-2011, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Is this really happening again?

This is a déjà vu, like the Blu-ray Ripper "case". Strange that changes in pricing/options always favor the new customers.

I can completely agree with point 1) of the post #5 by jkadlec. However i must disagree with:
                      Originally posted by jkadlec View Post
                      2.) If you have a Lifetime license to the All-In-One package (meaning you paid one fee for the package and didn't buy the modules individually) you should be entitled to all future modules, upgrades, and new features added to the Lifetime All-In-One package. Now this has not been the case, but to the consumer's benefit. Everyone who has held a Lifetime license to all of the modules (whether purchased individually or not) in the past have been granted the new modules in the future (i.e. Blu-Ray to DVD, Blu-Ray 3d Ripper, etc.).
                      I bought DVDFab Platinum lifetime more than 5 and a half years ago. Then in v6, my Platinum license was converted to DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile, and three new options were introduced Blu-ray to Blu-ray, File to Mobile and File to Mover.
                      This happened roughly two years ago, and I got the special "loyal customer" 30% off coupon code for Blu-ray to Blu-ray. After two days of testing, I purchased lifetime of that option. Right away it was clear that Blu-ray equivalent of DVD to Mobile would eventually emerge as an option.

But what should I do - relax and wait for Blu-ray to Mobile to appear, then buy lifetime for both products? Well, maybe I should have. The release of Blu-ray Ripper caught me on the the wrong foot; I didn't react in time and meanwhile its price jumped from $63 to $105, with Blu-ray options appearing as "Package deal" with significant savings compared to buying them separately. But I already bought Blu-ray to Blu-ray when it appeared and was "punished" for that.
                      All of that stirred quite a vigorous discussion on the forum in which I tried to be honored as an old customer, and therefore get more favorable price. After failure to accomplish that on forum I turned to the Customer Support. It took pretty much ping-pong emails as it seemes we were mutually in misunderstanding, but they stayed very professional and patient. The knot was finally cut by "The Boss", as fengtao resolved the remaining issues.
                      Thanks to him, I got a symbolic further discount for ripper, but more important it was a gesture in which DVDFab showed respect by honoring me as an existing, loyal customer. This completely restored reputation and my trust in the company.

Shortly after Blu-ray Ripper, I purchased lifetime Passkey for both DVD and Blu-ray. Then for Video Converter, which qualified me for free lifetime Blu-ray to DVD and Blu-ray 3D Ripper licenses. That turned me into a passionate "promotor and advertiser" of DVDFab, recommending it equally in real life and on internet forums. So once again, I'm sayin "thank you" to DVDFab Team for that.
                      Just to mention, I also purchased File Mover, though I hadn't real need for it - I wanted to complete all the options.

Now, the main point - what if I was just lurking, waiting for new options to be added to DVDFab? And when they were added, continue with waiting for even newer ones? What if every person reasoned that way? There would be no new options, as nobody would support the development.
                      So in effect, new customers buying All-in-one at once are able to do so because of loyal user-base that were purchasing options as they were released. This means that completing ALL options buying them one-by-one (as an old customer) contributed to the development more than a person that bought All-in-one at once. So there should be no difference between the two.
                      And as 2D to 3D Converter is more like enhancement to DVD Ripper, Blu-ray Ripper and Video Converter, I don't see the logic in charging it in full to the old customers, repeating the story of the Blu-ray Ripper and favoring the newcomers.
                      Trust, respect and appreciation is a bidirectional thing.

Originally posted by AGJ
                      I do not like saying negative stuff about DVDFab but I'm starting to loose my faith in it after 6 years of using DVDFab
                      Neither do I, what I said on forum six months ago was misunderstood and counterproductive.
                      And I'll wait to see the development of the this situation before changing the level of the faith in DVDFab. Maybe they'll surprise us...

Sorry for the long text and spelling errors, it's early morning for me.
                      Regards to all Fabbers.

Comment

This is posted on the main web page.

for those who bought All-In-One Lifetime Gift during the 2 weeks before May 9 (starting April 25, 2011), they can also get 2D to 3D Converter FOR FREE via a login from User Center;

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
                          This is posted on the main web page.
                          for those who bought All-In-One Lifetime Gift during the 2 weeks before May 9 (starting April 25, 2011), they can also get 2D to 3D Converter FOR FREE via a login from User Center;
                          Yes this is right, but....

I think 2 weeks is to short, 1/2 year or 1 year is more proper.
                          A lot of companies are working this way, with upgrades.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Searching for yourself is a lifetime journey.
                          Life is what happens in between.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Arens View Post
                            Yes this is right, but....

I think 2 weeks is to short, 1/2 year or 1 year is more proper.
                            A lot of companies are working this way, with upgrades.
                            agree with u because
                            for more than 1 years, that time the buyer just for DVD feature. It reasonable to pay for upgrade for Blu-ray and 3D feature

But, recently for buyer on between current year know that we are buying 3D feature like 3D ripper and so on, For me, it reasonable to get this 3D feature upgrade for free.

However, this just my opinion and i'm apreaciate DVDFab hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ
                              Same complaint for me but knowing fengtao it might be offered free to those who have certain features already but don't take my word for that. The new 2D to 3d converter is a new option added to DVD Ripper, Blu-ray Ripper and Video Converter so to me it should be free for those who have any of those modules already.

Also the 2D to 3D converter should be included in the price for the already mentioned modules since it been added to them. If want to charge a seperate price for it then make it a seperate module. How I see this new addition is that it an update and should be free to those who already bought and paid for DVDFab.

I do not like saying negative stuff about DVDFab but I'm starting to loose my faith in it after 6 years of using DVDFab
                              I agree with you AGJ!!!I am a one package lifetime user and I WILL NOT GIVE ANYMORE,ANY MONEY FOR THIS FUNCTION!!!I'm starting to loose my faith in dvdfab already!So no more money...Every person with lifetime licenses they have the right to have this function for free!!!They must add it in our member log...
                              END...
                              Last edited by Chris_Gr; 05-11-2011, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X