Lastest Version GUI buggy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lastest Version GUI buggy?

Has anyone noticed any bugs in the gui lately? After fishing a dd copy I can't really press the Finish key for a very long time. Also I had a tough time resizing the window. I got that sorted but the Finish button and moving on to the next disc is a problem?

Also things just look different and not for the better...

Thanks,

Neil

There are some small differences/glitches in the GUI in all of the Qt versions. These things are being corrected as they are identified and the Qt builds are still being fine-tuned. The developers need reports more specific to be of help in the process. Which version are you using?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Forgive my ignorance what is QT? QuickTime? I don't use the preview option so it isn't important to me. 8.0.9.2 is the version I am running. When finishing a bluray copy I can't press the finish button for a long time and sometimes never. I need to kill the process. On Windows 2003. Also why is it bringing up the directory the copy was made to? This is obviously a new option and I can't find it ti disable it?

Thanks,

Neil

Comment

DVDFab is not made for running on Windows 2003 as it for XP/Vista/Windows7 (32-bit/64-bit) only. So if the QT version not run on that you may need to install a non QT version which is still available for download on the DVDFab website

Comment

Qt is a development environment that is now used to create DVDFab. You can continue to use the older version, but 1) you will not get updates and fixes and 2) the developers will not get your feedback about the Qt versions to be able to improve them. There will be no future "non-Qt" releases.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Specifically what is QT? What OS's are supported? Where can I get the NON QT version and what is the last non-QT version available?

Thanks,

Neil

Comment

Hi heffneil

Specifically what is QT? What OS's are supported?
              Please read this thread What is QT

Where can I get the NON QT version and what is the last non-QT version available?
              You can find older versions here Old Version of DVDFab

The last non QT version I believe is 8.0.8.5
              Remember that the older versions are no longer supported.
              Hope this helps
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Running QT 8.0.9.8 on Windows 7 64bit ultimate.
                Have the same problems with windows resizing. It always starts out maximized, even over the task bar.
                Found the the option "Move icon to system tray when minized" and unchecked it (good). Checked the option "Memorized user interface". (not good) It doesn't remember my window resizing.

Comment

using version 8.1.0.0 and still having GUI issues, such as when movie is finished copying the GUI will not respond...no "finish" and no "x" (close program), becomes totally unresponsive.

also, I just minimized fab to the tray, and when I open back up again it is unresponsive.

Thanks.

using Windows 7 (64 bit) if that helps.
                  Last edited by crackinhedz; 06-20-2011, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crackinhedz View Post
                    using version 8.1.0.0 and still having GUI issues, such as when movie is finished copying the GUI will not respond...no "finish" and no "x" (close program), becomes totally unresponsive.

also, I just minimized fab to the tray, and when I open back up again it is unresponsive.

Thanks.

using Windows 7 (64 bit) if that helps.
                    Latest drivers for the graphic card installed?

Comment

yes, says I have latest driver. Although I checked the website and one just recently came out....so I installed....will have to give it a try later and let you know how it goes.

Comment

sorry it took me a while to report back, but latest version with updated drivers etc...still getting GUI freezes. (just opened the movie Carlitos Way) ...the GUI freezes up, and most everything is unresponsive...kinda have to resize from side to side to get buttons to react...

Comment

Working...
                        X