This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG: saving window size

Up until a few versions ago dvdfab would remember the small window size I prefer. Now it maximizes to full screen when opened. I have selected the option to "memorize user interface options"

Please fix this, its really annoying!

What OS and Fab version?
    No problem here on XP SP3 and latest Fab Beta.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      What OS and Fab version?
      No problem here on XP SP3 and latest Fab Beta.
      win 7, latest version as of last night.

Comment

Same OS here and if I make it as small as is allowed it opens up in that size next time also. Do you run as an admin?

Comment

BUG: saving window size

Just downloaded and installed "DVDFab 8.1.0.1 Qt Beta" on Windows 7 64bit; Same Here, launches full screen window, also did it on "DVDFab 8.1.0.0 Qt". The way i now get to the smaller size window after DVDFab is launched is "left click on center box" (top right hand side) which changes to 2 smaller boxes, "then left click on minimize bar" then go to task bar and relaunch DVDFab, now when i click on the center box it finally goes to smaller size window, which i also prefer.

Comment

Yeah.

Hmm, whats going on?! It started doing this about a month ago. I think it may have started when the allowed you to drag the window from anywhere blank inside the window.

Its so annoying because it opens up max size of my monitor (1920x1200), but with the re-size option (not full screen option), so I can make it smaller because the task bar hides the re-size control on the bottom right. Its a total pita!

No one else has this issue? This is the only app that does it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by kennyd1966 View Post
              Just downloaded and installed "DVDFab 8.1.0.1 Qt Beta" on Windows 7 64bit; Same Here, launches full screen window, also did it on "DVDFab 8.1.0.0 Qt". The way i now get to the smaller size window after DVDFab is launched is "left click on center box" (top right hand side) which changes to 2 smaller boxes, "then left click on minimize bar" then go to task bar and relaunch DVDFab, now when i click on the center box it finally goes to smaller size window, which i also prefer.
              I tried this but didnt work for me.. Hmmm.

Comment

Nah, you're not the only one.
                I've seen this posted sporadically, but it never happened to me prior to yesterday.

I was trying to troubleshoot some iPod settings with Fengtao.
                When I decided to uninstall Fab, things got really out of hand, including the very annoying and very persistent max Fab screen.

I was able to grab only 2 of the 4 sides of the screen with my mouse, but it was enought to allow me to decrease the screen size,
                but I'm sure as hell not doing this everytime.

Ultimately, I tried everything, registry edits, revo uninstaller, windoz restore, etc., etc.
                Never could figure it out.

In total frustration, I just reverted to my bkup system hdd.
                (I always keep a recently cloned [no more than 1 week old] system hdd on hand)

Sorry, I can't be more help, but you're not alone.

If I get any brainstorms, I'll post 'em.
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Wow that sucks, hopefully they fix this. I just bought the lifetime version of the whole suite too..

Comment

Hi Sub,

DVDFab Qt version should remember the screen size last time you set, which means if you maximize as Full Screen, then closed DVDFab, next time you run DVDFab, it will open with Full screen as well.

Please try changing your monitor frame resolution to find out the re-size control to minimize the DVDFab main screen, then relaunch to see the result.
                    Last edited by sunny; 06-29-2011, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny View Post
                      Hi Sub,

DVDFab Qt version should remember the screen size last time you set, which means if you maximize as Full Screen, then closed DVDFab, next time you run DVDFab, it will open with Full screen as well.

Please try changing your monitor frame resolution to find out the re-size control to minimize the DVDFab main screen, then relaunch to see the result.
                      Yes I know, but it doesnt!

Comment

Originally posted by Sub View Post
                        Ditto !!!
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by Sub View Post
                          Originally posted by maineman View Post
                          Ditto !!!
                          Same problem here.
                          W7 Ultimate NL 8Mb memory.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Searching for yourself is a lifetime journey.
                          Life is what happens in between.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

The Qt builds still do some odd things (which are being corrected) but I can't duplicate this sizing problem. Win7 Pro (64) SP1, nvidia graphics.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

BUG: saving window size "UPDATE"

Yesterday, i uninstalled all versions of DVDFab, restarted computer, I checked program folders after restart to make sure none contained DVDFab, I then reinstalled versions 8.0.7.3 and 8.1.0.0 and now version 8.1.0.0 remembers the screen size and no longer loads full screen.

Comment

Working...
                              X