window size version 8.1.0.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

window size version 8.1.0.3

just downloaded and installed the latest version of DVDFab 8.1.0.3; haven't used yet, but after splash screen program loads to smaller size window instead of full screen.

mine still only loads to full size?

edit: I even uninstalled the last "non-QT" version and restared the PC...still only loads full size! (but at least it doesn't freeze up like it was doing previously)
    Last edited by crackinhedz; 07-02-2011, 12:52 AM.

Comment

ok, I stand corrected...after finishing a movie (Young Guns), fab still froze up and the "finish" button was not useable.

Comment

What about the little dialog box that pops up and says "process completed' and has an "OK" button?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          What about the little dialog box that pops up and says "process completed' and has an "OK" button?
          yeah that seems to work fine.

Before, the whole GUI would freeze and become unresponsive...at least with this newest version it seemed to only freeze up after the movie completed, and only the finish button did not seem to work. (also come to think of it, I could not close FAB either...I had to right click from the task bar and close it)

Comment

That will give the developers a little more to go on. A DVDFab internal log would also help, along with the process log if there is one.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Just updated to newest 8.1.0.5 QT, still not remembering window size?

But I have to say, the audio "type" tab is finally open enough to see what audio track is being selected! Nice job Fengtao.

I have not tried to copy anything yet, so unsure if still getting the freezing behavior. Will update when I give it a try.

Comment

copy'd stargate with no problems, no freeze...hopefully it stays that way.

But still does not remember my window resize??

Comment

Originally posted by crackinhedz View Post
                  copy'd stargate with no problems, no freeze...hopefully it stays that way.

But still does not remember my window resize??
                  Hi crackinhedz
                  I just tried the window resize and it worked for me.
                  Adjust your resize that you want, then Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General > Memorize User Interface Options, if it is already checked uncheck it then recheck it exit Fab and then restart Fab to see if it remembered your window size.
                  Hope this helps
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

CBR, I have tried everything, even resetting to Default settings...still does not remember my window resize...but at least I don't feel i'm getting the freeze GUI anymore...I'm hoping it stays that way. I can live with the resize issue...but it is a little annoying.

Comment

ok, using newest version 8.1.0.5 Im still getting a little freeze issue...unable to press the "finish" button...the GUI is just unresponsive. Never had this problem pre-QT versions.

here is the internal log, but not sure it even helps?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by crackinhedz View Post
                        CBR, I have tried everything, even resetting to Default settings...still does not remember my window resize...but at least I don't feel i'm getting the freeze GUI anymore...I'm hoping it stays that way. I can live with the resize issue...but it is a little annoying.
                        Hallo crackinhedz and CBR929,

I have the same problem with memorizing window size.
                        The developers are still busy to fix this problem.
                        So give them more time to solve this problem.

With all due respect CBR929.
                        Somehow it did works for you.
                        But that was a lucky shot.

I have this info from Sunny,
                        During a little PM session.

"memorize user interface options" this box is used to remember the options last time you used.
                        (If you chose DVD Copy - Main Movie to copy DVDs, then relaunch DVDFab, it will directly go to DVD Copy-Main Movie navigation menu.)
                        It has nothing to do with memorizing window size.
                        Last edited by Timothy Arens; 07-09-2011, 03:50 AM.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Searching for yourself is a lifetime journey.
                        Life is what happens in between.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Timothy Arens
                          Thanks for the info.
                          CBR929
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

is there any way to keep the tabs large enough to be able to read the contents after resizing them are be able to set the text so this blind man can read it

Comment

I'm sorry to dig up an old thread, but I am still having the window size bug after all this time. Sonny, I tried to reply to you, but your inbox is full. Here is your question, and my answer:
                              ------------------------
                              Originally posted by sunny
                              Hi Sub,

Sorry for any inconvenience this window size issue has caused you.

Our QA team've been trying to reproduce this Full Screen problem, but we can't.

Can you please list the process that you got this "annoying window size" issue step by step? Thanks so much for your kindly help.

Sincerely,
                              --
                              Sunny
                              Sorry Sunny, I never saw this request from 6/29/11!

There is nothing really to duplicate. It previously would memorize my last window position and size, but now when I open dvdfab its full screen every time and I have to annoyingly lift the window and re position the edges of the screen to make it smaller.

This bug came at the same time you played with the window functions and made it such that when you grab anywhere in the gray area you can re-position the window.

I dont know how else to help, but in 8.2.2.4 its still a problem.

BTW, I am a lifetime member, can I use version 9?
                              Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X