This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patrick Swayze, Dead at age 57.

Sad to hear he passed even though I was never his biggest fan. here is a link to reuters for the full story http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...58E02O20090915

I will miss him. His movies were mostly brain candy, but a cut above most of that genre. My favorite Swayze was Red Dawn (you have to have lived through the cold war to appreciate it). Apparently a funny guy too, that did not take himself too seriously, remembering his skits on SNL with Chris Farley as a Chippendale's dancer. LOL & RIP.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Patrick Swayze will be sorely missed.
      Always seemed like an all-around-good guy.
      Despite his meteroric rise following Dirty Dancing, he gave all the credit to...and stayed married to his wife of 34 years (Lisa, a professional dancer and actress)...that says a lot about this guy.

My wife and I enjoyed him in Ghost and Dirty Dancing...solid performances.
      Tough to pick a favorite role, but I'm going with "Zen surf master" Bohdi in "Point Break".
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

ya read about this yesterday and played a few songs from the Dirty Dancing sound track my wife has in his honor.
        "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Patrick Swayze was a good actor. He will be missed.
          Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

I wasn't a fan of all he the roles he played but I was extremely impressed by the TV series The Beast that he was working on during his battle. He had much more to accomplish in this lifetime had it not been tragically cut short. He'll be missed.
            DrinkLyeAndDie
            "Qui ne dit mot consent"
            "If you want to see the future imagine someone's boot stamping on the human face... forever." - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              My favorite Swayze was Red Dawn (you have to have lived through the cold war to appreciate it).
              I agree. Red Dawn still is my favourite Swayze flick. Revisit it all the time.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I always liked "The Outsiders" and then "Point Break".

Comment

Good bye,

In Filmen wie Ghost, Dirty Dancing und Fackeln im Sturm wird er uns immer in Erinnerung bleiben. Ein Star ohne große Allüren, einer der letzten Südstaaten-Gentelman.
                  Bye-bye Patrick Swayze

Comment

Also Road House -- was another of his and whilst the the film/story got less believeable it's still one I like to see now and again -- Point Break and Ghost too.

RIP

best all,

Asbac

Comment

Working...
                    X