This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your wife has done it !!!!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      Your wife has done it !!!!
      While I am sure she would like to she wouldn't even know how to turn the computer on, let alone do something like that.

Comment

I replied to your thread over on TK and I sure hope you get it fixed up
        Last edited by AGJ; 11-30-2009, 02:14 PM. Reason: added text

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          I replied to your thread over on TK and I sure hope you get it fixed up
          I just cannot believe it, even the people there cannot help me fix it.

Comment

Okay, just found something that is probably what is wrong, just posting it here to see if anyone can help PLEASE before the people at Tech Kings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, this is really driving me crazy, even more crazy some might say, I was looking forward to playing this for hours yesterday on my Birthday but couldn't.

I just noticed this morning something on my computer that I guess must be the cause of the problem, I have NOT got a clue what it is, but sure there are many experts here that will know, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone help?

On my desktop now the ONLY other icon that looks exactly like the Kennedy Approach icon is the one for DVD Shrink. Now this also used to work, although I don't use it now, however both the icon for it and the icon for KA are (I couldn't work out how to copy an image of it) the same and the ONLY ones like it, and I just clicked on the DVD Shrink icon before and it did the same, opened some 20 I/Es and I had to shut the computer off to get rid of it, SAME as KA now does.

They are both ''zip'' files, don't know if this means anything to anyone here?

But they BOTH, but ONLY those 2, have as an icon a sheet of paper with one edge turned over and what looks to me like the I/E emblem/badge whatever.

ANY ideas PLEASE???

Comment

Sounds like your "KA" and "Shrink" got associated with your browser somehow.

Comment

Finally have fixed it, well NOT fixed it, but got around it.

Have installed a zip/unzip program and can now get it to work as long as I open it with that and NOT the automatic setting of Windows/IE.

Comment

Why don't you extract the files to a directory once only and then run it from there?

Eg C:\kennedy

Then create a shortcut on your desktop to the executable file.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                    Why don't you extract the files to a directory once only and then run it from there?

Eg C:\kennedy

Then create a shortcut on your desktop to the executable file.
                    Yes I have done that now.

Was able to create a desktop icon directly from that file.

Finally I have it back, hopefully forever this time.

Comment

Well am happy it working for you again after all this hassle and now you can have fun

Comment

Well am happy it working for you again after all this hassle and now you can have fun
                        Thank you, I still cannot see what happened, I mean why it worked okay for some days then just played up like that, anyway who cares it is good now.

Thank you for your help, and some from that other site, though he was quite rude in the end and I won't be gong back there.

Comment

I haven't been over there today as I just got home from work a few hours ago but I would not go back if they was rude as well. That DVDshrink zip you have I think you might want to do a virus scan on it. I had a zip for it as well and It kept coming up as a virus when I had my external turned on when the virus scan was going

Comment

I haven't been over there today as I just got home from work a few hours ago but I would not go back if they was rude as well. That DVDshrink zip you have I think you might want to do a virus scan on it. I had a zip for it as well and It kept coming up as a virus when I had my external turned on when the virus scan was going
                            Maybe I read too much into it, but I don't think so, anyway I only wanted to get KA going again so I won't be going back.

What DVDshrink, NOT me............

JUST JOKING............ I used to use it in combination with DVDFab, but now I have joined this very imformative excellent forum and finally know how to USE DVDFab, I don't use it so have wiped it out with that Revo Uninstaller they got me to download at Tech Kings.

Comment

I also started with the vic 20 and tapes. Loved frogger, played Left 4 Dead 2 last night, I think I like the simple stuff for these old eyes.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by blackjackdelta View Post
                                I also started with the vic 20 and tapes. Loved frogger, played Left 4 Dead 2 last night, I think I like the simple stuff for these old eyes.

Jack
                                Yes, in many ways those older ones are much better, and VERY addicitive, I have wasted MANY hours playing Kennedy Approach now I have it back.

Comment

Working...
                                X