Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with VHS to DVD

Good morning
    Have searched the forums for ideas and answers without any luck, so am posting my question.
    I have a lot of older vhs movies, and want to get them onto dvd as most of them are deteriorating. Some of them I can buy , most are not available on dvd. Where do I start? I do not have a lot of understanding of all the terminology, so need it explained in easy terms for me. I also have home movies recorded on an older sony cam using the smaller video cassette which I would also like to be able to get onto dvd's.

I would appreciate any help and advice given.
    thanks

Last edited by Guest; 10-12-2011, 04:27 PM. Reason: changed colored text to black

Are you in New Zealand? Is this where the old VHS tapes are from?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Im sorry I didnt answer sooner, I live in the states.

Comment

DVD recorder

you need a dvd recorder.
        you hook your vhs player up to the tv with the coax, and the recorder with an rgb cable.
        this is a link to one here in canada

the recorder will ask you to format the disk before you start, and they tend to be picky about what kind of disk. mine prefers dvd+

when you hit play on the vhs, you press record on the dvd recorder.

follow the manual from there.

good luck, and let me know if you have any more questions

dow

Comment

kiwi kid
          If these are commercial VHS movie tapes you will also need a device called a VBI stripper to remove the copy protection, a device like this: http://www.xdimax.com/dvd/dvdredpro.html
          The one above is very expensive, I have seen others much cheaper but can't find them right now.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Kiwi kid

Originally posted by signals View Post
            kiwi kid
            if these are commercial vhs movie tapes you will also need a device called a vbi stripper to remove the copy protection, a device like this: http://www.xdimax.com/dvd/dvdredpro.html
            the one above is very expensive, i have seen others much cheaper but can't find them right now.
            try honestech.com. I used it and was satisfied with the results.

Comment

vhs to dvd

http://www.meritline.com/mygica-igra...--p-38254.aspx Try this only $29, I used it for about 8 VHS tapes to DVD and it worked great
              Paid Not To Work
              US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
              Proudly Served On
              USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
              6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Working...
              X