Now I know for sure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software Now I know for sure!

I installed DVDFab on a clean XP laptop, selected ImgBurn as my preferred burning engine and allowed it to expire. I cloned a commercially released movie that came out on a single layer disk; HD Decrypter called ImgBurn and burned it perfectly to a DVD-5 blank. Same thing with full disk. I tried a dual layer original cloned to a DVD-9 blank and again HD Decrypter called ImgBurn and worked perfectly.
    Bottom line is HD Decrypter will not compress the movie or remove menus and other crap, but it will copy and burn to a like sized blank DVD.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Thanks for taking the time to test it.
    So if a person using the free version rips movie only there will be many time he will only need a single layer disc.

Comment

I didn't try main movie at all, it has been my understanding that HD Decrypter disabled that function. If the original is on a single layer disk, and some are, it will copy and burn to a single layer blank menus and all.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Main Movie has always been available on the HD Decryptor as far as I remember.

Comment

Now I know a little bit more for sure!

You guys are both correct. I selected a movie from my library where the main movie does not exceed the DVD-5 size that I’ve set; selected “Main Movie”; it ripped and burned perfectly. Watching it now on my set top player.

Albert Einstein

Comment

HD Decrypter:
            No compression
            No Burn (with VSO)
            No Customize mode
            No Customize Split mode
            No Merge mode
            No Split mode
            No instant protection removal updates (in many cases)
            No email support from DVDFab staff
            Limited BD decryption support
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

What about closing this thread and making it a sticky?

Comment

The differences can change. I can merge this with the existing HD Decrypter thread sticky.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  The differences can change. I can merge this with the existing HD Decrypter thread sticky.
                  Hi signals
                  I think that would be great and would help explain more about members wanting to use the free HD Decrypter.
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                  X