Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is requrired for streaming .iso files to my 3D TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Players What is requrired for streaming .iso files to my 3D TV?

I just got a new Samsung 55" LED and can hook it into my network via ethernet.

Some people talk about streaming things on computers...
    Are they using their computer monitors or 3DTV?

My computer is not in the same room as my TV... I"m guessing I"d have to go in through VGA on the TV? Would be cool if I could stream it through the network..

What is the process for streaming .iso to a TV?
    (Whether I can do it or not.. I'd like to know what it is so I can maybe move my PC over.. and atleast try...)

You need a DLNA server running on your PC and your library set up to be accessed by the DLNA server...

Samsung used to provide one with their TV's but I don't think it supported ISO format, just AVI, MKV, etc.

You then would not need your PC near the TV at all.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Is this the only option for going to the TV and leaving the PC somewhere else?

What other options are there, if the PC is by the TV?

Comment

Best option would be a Video Card with HDMI output directly connected to the TV via HDMI and you may need to consider a remote control that will drive your PC.

Originally posted by dgrams View Post
        Is this the only option for going to the TV and leaving the PC somewhere else?

What other options are there, if the PC is by the TV?
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Whats needed for software? I have PowerDVD9 on my system.. but you cant play .iso files through there... correct?

Comment

DVDFab Virtual Drive (free) will mount the ISOs and allow almost anything to play them.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X