VHS to DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VHS to DVD

I purchased a VHS to DVD capture device (RCA in and USB out.) What file type do I need to convert to in order to burn a DVD using DVDFAB?

The device software that comes with some of those gadgets creates DVD-Video files (in a VIDEO_TS folder) that are ready to burn, and may also have a burning utility. Read through the manual and see what it says. It may only create other file types (like AVI, MP4 etc.) that can still be stored on blank DVDs but are not DVD-Video format and won't play in many DVD players.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      The device software that comes with some of those gadgets creates DVD-Video files (in a VIDEO_TS folder) that are ready to burn, and may also have a burning utility. Read through the manual and see what it says. It may only create other file types (like AVI, MP4 etc.) that can still be stored on blank DVDs but are not DVD-Video format and won't play in many DVD players.
      Yeah. (I just had time for a quick post before going to work.) I bought a Daimond one touch video catiure device, the VC500. It is buggy. Issues:
      1. The recording software, TM Showbiz, will not display an application window when opended, so I can't use it's burning app. Task Manager shows the app process is running. I have captured several videos to some of the eight file types of it's capture app.
      2. The displayed capture window is geometrically squared at the corners, but the displayed video image is skewed to the left at the top, leaving an odd shaped black bar on the right and lower left side. (It's the same thing I used to see on my old analogue monitor before tweaking.) I used Windows DVD Maker to burn to my Sony Optiarc burner. Have to use a DL disk to get the whole file size for a 2 hour video.
      3. The VC500 user manual is woefully lacking in information; it focuses briefly on it's ability to stream online videos. The web site is less helpful.
      4. Their tech support is MIA.
      I have an ACER LCD flat panel monitor on a Win 7 64 bit custom box, Radeon 6850 card, AMD Phenom Quad 4, and 8 GB GSkill ram. I haven't seen any image distortion up till this app.
      I can use DVDFAB 8Qt to crop the edges of the captured Mpg4 file, but from that point, I get the results you described when using DVDFAB Video Converter.

Comment

According to what I have read about this device, it will capture and burn to DVD, but this was with the ArcSoft software that is/was packaged with it at one time or another, and it sounds like yours has something different. The reviews at the vendor sites and cnet are not very good.

This at YouTube has some posts from someone that may or may not actually work for Diamond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k4AW...eature=related

If you can get it to capture something to any format well, you could try the new DVD Creator function in DVDFab to convert it to real DVD format and burn it.

Moving your thread to General Chat since is not really a DVDFab issue.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          According to what I have read about this device, it will capture and burn to DVD, but this was with the ArcSoft software that is/was packaged with it at one time or another, and it sounds like yours has something different. The reviews at the vendor sites and cnet are not very good.

This at YouTube has some posts from someone that may or may not actually work for Diamond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k4AW...eature=related

If you can get it to capture something to any format well, you could try the new DVD Creator function in DVDFab to convert it to real DVD format and burn it.

Moving your thread to General Chat since is not really a DVDFab issue.
          I have seen the video on youtube. It describes use of the burning software, which I cannot access. I bought this device after reading reviews on Top Ten Reviews for 2012 (for VHS to DVD.) Wish I had read the Egg reviews first. They have changed software vendors since the review was published. I wouldn't have the device at all personally, but my boss wants it to convert all the VHS tapes to DVD for our child patients at the hospital, so it's gotta happen! How do I access the DVD Creator function? Haven't seen that one unless I missed it.

Comment

Working...
          X