X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free HD Decryter version

Dear Fengtao,

Most people use the 30 day trial version of software to help them decide whether or not they like a software product. This is true for DVDFab HD Decrypter as well. Most people copy their dvds shortly after their purchase.

If first timers use your free HD Decrypter, and it does not remove the latest dvd protection schemes and has bugs. They will get the wrong impression of your great software. They then will tell their friends DVDFab software does not remove the latest dvd protection schemes and you will loose theirs’ and their friends sales. Word of mouth is a powerful sales tool in software. You only get one chance to make a first impression.

Fengtao, I support to whatever decision you make. I simply don’t want your software to get wrongly branded as bad software. I want you and your software to be successful because we all reap the benefits. We all get a better software product. As a marketing person, I wanted to share the pros and cons of delaying updating the free HD Decryter more than 10-30 days after new dvd protections are out. Free HD Decryter is probably, if not the biggest, surely a big part of your marketing tools.

Respectful,
    Rr76012

I think your argument does not hold water. The price of DVDFab is small compared to the number of DVDs (and/or Blu-Rays) that someone would be purchasing in order to need to spend time backing them up. It would be a simple thing to set aside those few titles that have the latest copy protection (much like you had to wait for the DVD to come out compared to seeing it in the theater or PPV). If you don't want to wait then simply pay for DVDFab. If you don't have money to buy DVDFab, where did you get the money to buy all the DVDs your trying to rip?

The only logical reason I can see for being unwilling to either pay for DVDFab or wait for the free version to have the needed copy protection support is that you need to return the DVD because you rented/borrowed it.

Comment

I've had DVDFab for many years. It is my understanding that a person gets a 30 day trial of the full version and only when that time runs out they are left with the free version only. So first time users do get to try out the app with all the newest protection removals.

Why would a first time user want to use the free HD Decrypter when they can use the full version for free 30 day trial? Makes no sense with what you are saying to me.

I think people are lucky they get to use the free HD Decrypter even though it's a crippled version..................no other apps will let you do this.
      Last edited by Bob; 12-01-2009, 03:53 PM.
      "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
        I've had DVDFab for many years. It is my understanding that a person gets a 30 day trial of the full version and only when that time runs out they are left with the free version only. So first time users do get to try out the app with all the newest protection removals.

Why would a first time user want to use the free HD Decrypter when they can use the full version for free 30 day trial? Makes no sense with what you are saying to me.

I think people are lucky they get to use the free HD Decrypter even though it's a crippled version..................no other apps will let you do this.
        Bob you are correct.
        The thirty day free trial is updated for the latest protection removal.
        After that well you buy or you cry lol.
        "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

In other words "Fengtao, you have a great product but I want to use the free version on all the new releases so I don't have to PAY"

Give over !!!!
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            Give over !!!!
            Please translate to non-Aussie.

Comment

It means "I think you are talking absolute B/S"
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

It means "I think you are talking absolute B/S"
                Like never give over a give overer
                B.S.A.B.S.
                "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

bwahahaha
                  "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Good one, got a bwaahaha from Bobbo.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

"Like never give over a give overer
                      B.S.A.B.S."

Is that like "Never B/S a B/Ser"

Comment

I hope it is okay to further post in this thread.

Actually, there are some FREE programs that can be used to rip or copy DVD....yes, even copyrighted. I trust that majority of users here already know what programs they are.

I and still using them but all works well, but none are as good and feature rich as DVDFAB.

Just my thought.

Thank you
                        U can run....but U cannot hide
                        "I am the ONE & ONLY....You better remember that!!!"

Comment

"Like never give over a give overer
                          B.S.A.B.S."

Is that like "Never B/S a B/Ser"
                          Exactly
                          You got it.
                          Never heard it referred to as give over.
                          Here where i live if someone says give over, you have two choices either empty your pockets or run like h*ll.

Comment

Working...
                          X