Verbatim discs. Got a bad batch? :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verbatim discs. Got a bad batch? :(

Had ordered 10 backs of Verbatim discs from Japan before BD-R 50GB for 3D Backups.

Went thru two packages of them without failure.

I just got a 3rd pack, and I've lost 4 of my 10 blanks so far.

I'm buring at 2x, even tried 1x. The giveaway that its not going to work when I pull it out of the burner is that I see multiple burn rings on the bottom of the disc, instead of one large burn area.

So, I took two more of the discs and just wrote them at max speed (4x) to see if I get different results.

I did.
    I noticed 1 extra ring layer burned on the disc, than just having one large burn ring.. but the discs played okay.
    (where in the past, if I burn at 4x thru imgburn, the discs then gave me multiple burn rings and problems)

So I dont get it.
    Do I just have a bad batch of media?

Which burning engine do you use? Post the DVDFab burn log if you need help with burn issues.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm using imgburn to burn the isos.
      I set the speed to 2x normally for best results.

The iso images create just fine.
      I guess I'm wondering what to look for in a bad batch of media?

These verbatims work differently from the ones I've used in the past, but the labeling on the disc appears like they are the same things I've been using all along.

Comment

Can you burn BD-R's and DVD-R's okay?

Comment

Working...
        X