About Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Players About Time

I've been wanting to convet to media players for a while now(years) with MAINEMAN, and GREGIBOY preaching all the time, and thanks you guys, I'm Officaly change over, finally! This weekend I put together my AIOS media player and HDD! Spent days learning to convert ISO to MKV, and I think I really got It down!

No more burnning disc, no more getting up to change movies when I really don't want to! Adding 4 bay HDD encloseure, so I can stay on couch for weeks if i want to!( except to go potti & bathe) No more friends or relivetives stealing my movies!(sorry M/Fs)! Can just turn stuff off and go to sleep or have it timed so if I do fall a sleep it will go off by it self!

I'm such a happy camper, ever though I don't go camping, theres "BIGFOOT" out there, I don't care what anybody says!

Good Boy!!!

Maineman, another convert!!!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

And don't forget!!! NO CINIVIA VIRUS!!!
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

about time

for real
        Last edited by 8855A; 04-29-2012, 12:37 PM. Reason: INFO

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          Good Boy!!!

Maineman, another convert!!!
          Yippee Ki yay !!!...:

Congrats 8855A
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

about time

Thanks a million, MAINEMAN, GREGIBOY!

Comment

AIOS ISO's ?

OK,

I am also a believer ( just starting -- and getting ready to order an AIOS ) -- but have a question

Why did you convert your ISO's to KMV's ?

I understand KMV's are an OPEN format --- but looking at what is said at Newegg about the AIOS player ( which looks to be a good one ) it also plays ISO's...

So, why are you converting to MKV?

The only reason I ask is my Backup's are all ISO's --- so if I need to convert to MKV I will do so --- but just want to ask -- can I have a mix of MKV's and ISO's and play them thru the AIOS ?

Thanks !!!!!!!
              Last edited by cwcarson; 05-10-2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

AIOS ISOs

The choice to convert ISO to MKV is to save space on your HDD! MKV are way smaller files than ISO files, which means you can have alot more movies on your HDD!

ISO files will also play on the AIOS, its your choice which file form you want to use!

I did Aleins Cowboys which in ISO form was like 27.1GB, but in MKV form it was 6.63 GBs! Just saves alot more room for more movies!(blu-ray)

It also works on DVDs, ISO-4.37GBs, MKV-1.5GBs, but make sure when you do your ISO format not to compress to HDD!, cause it gets compressed with MKV! DVD to HDD, select dvd-9! Blu-ray to HDD, select 50GB!, even if your just doing Main Movie only! Thats all I do is Main Movie only!

Comment

Mkv xios

WOW

Thanks --- I was just getting ready to buy another 2T disk -- maybe I can re-think this -------

Also -- see that PIVOS AIOS is coming out soon ? with a new player - XIOS -- know anything about it ???

--- I think it also has server functions -- so like a NAS maybe ?

Comment

about time

The AIOS has a brower so you can use it like your PC, use the internet from your couch! You can also hook up a HDD station up to it and have as many HDDs as you want! Look at Mediasonic 4 bay docking station, with 4 more HDDs hooked up to the AISO thats 10TBs, just as good as a nas system! All I need just to watch movies!

Checked out your browers abilities, you'll probally surprised what it can really do! Haven't heard anything on the new player! I'll be happy with 10TBs of movies from my couch!

Will take a look at PIVOS website just out of curosity!

Comment

XIOS

At the PIVOS web site they have a TAB for Servers on the Home page -- but its not active -- maybe they will turn it on soon ?

Sounds like the AIOS has all I need for now

Thanks for the info

Comment

MKV Compress ?

OK --- I just used BLU-RAY RIPPER to make a MKV file from BD -- and a couple of my players ( XIOS and SOny BD player say it is a bad file ) AVS Media player plays it but without audio ----

After looking at you post here -- it looks like you make an ISO first ?

What is your procedure to make a MKV file ????

I am at 8.1.3.7 --- trying an upgrade to the new 8.1.8.3

Thanks

Comment

about time

Hey, CWCARSON

What I do first, is to use Blu-ray Copy and put the file(iso) on my "F" drive(data drive 1TB) Then I open a new folder on my "C" drive(1TB) and I named it "Blu-ray rips"!

Then I use BD-Ripper and use MKV Format and rip from "F" drive to "C" drive and then check them after the rip to see how they play on VLC player! If there Okay, then I put them on my AIOS player and they play just fine with no problems!

With BD-Ripper just pick the folder from your "F" drive as source and use Target as your "C" drive!

I had a problems with the AIOS until I went to there Wibsite and D/L the newest up-date and I'm not having any problems with the AIOS Player now!

I would D/L the newest up-date for sure, but not any Beta release, just offical release only!

Hope this helps!

Comment

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and I just found this thread - I have a couple of quick questions for you.

I have been using DVDFab a long time, but I save my discs in ISO folders and play back either with VLC or an ASUS media player. I have never used .mkv format for anything but testing, and the drawbacks have always stopped me from going further. After reading this thread, I made a quick copy of one of the DVD ISO files just using whatever default settings were there. The space saving is indeed impressive, but I am very disappointed in the PQ. On my 72" HDTV, the playback quality was unacceptable. I was also disappointed in the lack of a disc menu and loss of all chapter information.

So my questions are:
                            1. Are there options to use higher bitrate to trade off some of that space savings for an acceptable PQ?
                            2. Is there a way to preserve the original disc menus and chapters?

I apologize if this information is already documented somewhere on this forum, but like I said, I'm new here. If it is already here, just give me a clue where to look and I'll do the research. Thanx!

Comment

Question 1: Yes, there are tradeoffs available, mostly bitrate and codec (use h264, with a larger frame size)

Question 2: No, the menus can't be translated to other formats. If you want them, play the ISOs.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X