Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware HD Player Gift Only Blue LED But No Screen

Hello.
    As already read in some earlier posts, I do also have a problem with my HD player. The first days it went well, music and videos played without a problem. In addition I bought a fast 32 GB micro SDHC and the player worked with it too.
    Then it happened. I tried to play a mp3 file and after some seconds the song crashed like a music cd does if it has scratches on the surface. Right after that no longer any button reacts on pushing except the play/pause button for starting the player also. I had to push the button for about appr. 8 seconds to shut down the system as I presume, since I do not see anything on the screen. After that I tried to restart the system with the play/pause button, but except of the blue LED nothing happens. I addition, the PC also doesn't see the player via USB.
    I tried also to take out the battery, but this doesn't worked too. The restart procedure, described with the pushing sequence (ten times right button etc.) was checked also with no success. Sometimes, after a longer time of being off, pushing the play/pause button causes a short flickering of the screen but nothing more; after restarting the flickering wasn't seen again.

Once again the list of issues:
    • Only blue LED shines
    • Nothing on the screen neither logo nor startup menu
    • Player connected via USB on Windows 7 PC not detected
    • No signal from AV output on home tv

Question: Has anybody, who made the same experiences in the past, got any solutions for this problem? Has DVD Fab customer support (e.g. Sunny) proposed the exchange of the hardware?

I am looking forward reading your comments.

P.S. Sunny @ DvdFab is aware of my problem (e-mail). I have to say, that she is doing a good job and always tries to find a solution (hats off). Hopefully, this works with this issue again.

Thank you.

Try this: take the memory card out. See if it will now restart. If not, try removing the battery again. If not, with the SDHC still out, plug the unit into your PC and see if the OS recognizes it. If it does, see if you can read the internal flash memory on the player using windows explorer. Copy one of the sample files (the MP4 or the MP3) onto your PC and see if they will play (this will illustrate whether the internal flash is scrambled).

If you can restore it so that it boots, reformat the SDHC to FAT32, I had odd effects with it formatted NTFS.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Try this: take the memory card out. See if it will now restart. If not, try removing the battery again. If not, with the SDHC still out, plug the unit into your PC and see if the OS recognizes it. If it does, see if you can read the internal flash memory on the player using windows explorer. Copy one of the sample files (the MP4 or the MP3) onto your PC and see if they will play (this will illustrate whether the internal flash is scrambled).

If you can restore it so that it boots, reformat the SDHC to FAT32, I had odd effects with it formatted NTFS.
      Hello Signals,
      Thank you for your quick reply. However, the issue still remains. I took out the memory card which is, as correctly stated, formatted as NTFS. No effect. Then I took out the battery, some minutes later I put it in without the SDHC memory, but no effect. Windows 7 OS doesn't recognize anything. I organized my 32GB memory to store only the video files and the internal 8GB memory for music, ebooks etc. This means, the last played mp3 file is located on the internal memory. As soon as I connect the USB plug into the player (from Power Adapter or USB port) the blue LED starts shining but no startup screen appears.
      The problem is, how should I be able to fix an internal memory fault, if there is no possibility to see the folders in the explorer?

P.S. I will format the SDHC in FAT 32 for future usage if NTFS can cause such failures; if the player will ever work again correctly.

Best Regards

Comment

I am not sure that NTFS caused the failure but I know mine behaved strangely with a 32GB card formatted that way. I will check and see if the Beijing staff ever got reset instructions or the bootloader and firmware files that were requested in the past.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          I will check and see if the Beijing staff ever got reset instructions or the bootloader and firmware files that were requested in the past.
          Howdy Signals,
          Thank you for this. Let's wait if they response on that. Please keep me in copy.

Regards

Comment

Sorry, they do not currently have any better instructions for reset other than what has been posted here, but are still trying to get some. If I get anything else I will post it in one of the threads about the device.

Comment

HD player sent back for exchange

Last weekend I sent the HD player back to China, since there is no resetting possibility. As soon as they get the player back, they will send me another one. Let us hope, that the exchange will work a little more longer than the first one.

Until then.
              Best Regards.

Comment

I've just started having the same problem, but I can't figure out how to remove the battery. I took off the cover on the left side and I can see it, but there's no way to get hold of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pheran View Post
                  I've just started having the same problem, but I can't figure out how to remove the battery. I took off the cover on the left side and I can see it, but there's no way to get hold of it.
                  Hi Pheran
                  Remove the cover, cup your hand and gently tap it against the palm of your hand, it will slide out.
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks CBR. I left the battery out for a day but it changed nothing, I still get a blue light with no display. Unfortunately this seems to be a common failure mode on this device.

Is there anything else I can do? If not, is there any kind of warranty on this thing (I've had it for about 8 months) or should I just chuck it?

Comment

Send an email to sunny@dvdfab.com and tell her what happened. Not sure if she can do anything or not, but it is worth a try.

Comment

Working...
                      X