Blank screen iso files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank screen iso files?

I use Daemon Tools for my Blu-Ray iso files and most are ok but some just show a black screen when I load them with Daemon/WinDVD.

I also use DVDFab to backup. The files are all normal 25+ GB so I know they copied. Does anyone know what could be happening?

Are there any other alternatives to WinDVD? I have heard of a few issues with it in the past.

I used "daemon tools lite" for a short time before I discovered DVDFab's virtual BluRay drive which was far superior. I did not go for Daemon's advanced stuff as I have been using Nero since it first came out.

WinDVD has the same problem as PowerDVD: It wont play BluRay movies on a system with an analog monitor. Bluray burners I have bought recently all come with either PowerDVD 9 or 10. There is a reason for that. Google reviews for WinDVD on amazon and ignore the reviews obviously written by WinDVS's sales staff.

DVDFab's media player seems to play titles just fine on analog monitors and even on poor video chipsets like my EeePC 1015px where PowerDVD refused to play any bluray. I use Nero's Kwik instead of DVDFab's media player only because it came "Free" with Nero. It also plays on analog monitors but nero's tech support wont say if that will stay that way.

Comment

The symptoms sound like the other players are checking for an HDCP compliant display. Like Cinavia, this will never be a problem with DVDFab products.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
      X