BD 5300S versus BDR 207D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD 5300S versus BDR 207D

I have two Sony BD5300S BluRay Burners and they both have problems with Verbatim 50GB BD-RE DL discs. My Sony DVD player BDP-S550 stops and starts during a movie and has trouble with the layer break. I recently purchased a Pioneer BDR 207D Burner and it does not have any trouble with the Verbatim BD-RE DL discs. I am using ImgBurn to burn the discs. I'm ready to hit the enter key and buy another Pioneer 207D. I'm curious, has anybody else had a similar experience with the Sony drive or am I the only person using BD-RE DL discs? The Sony drives work just fine on everything else I've thrown at them.
    ASRock X470 Taichi, 3900X, 2X8GB of 3200-14 Memory, NVIDIA GTX 960, SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB, 2-WD SN750's 500GB, WD Black 2TB, LG WH16NS40, Seasonic X750, EVGA CLC 280, Acer B247W 16:10, Win 10 Pro

BD-RE I think is not heavily used due to the expense. Reading in the forum you will find that most are either compressing the Main Movie (if necessary) to fit on a 25GB BD-R or not burning to blank discs at all and either storing on a HDD or converting to MKV/MP4 etc. for playback using a media device.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      BD-RE I think is not heavily used due to the expense. Reading in the forum you will find that most are either compressing the Main Movie (if necessary) to fit on a 25GB BD-R or not burning to blank discs at all and either storing on a HDD or converting to MKV/MP4 etc. for playback using a media device.
      Sigals, I need some help, I'm getting into ripping my bought Blue Ray Videos, I purchased the Blue Ray Ripper, and it's not working on my Gateway Laptop, I'm 79 and not too bright, can you tell me, do I need a Blue Ray burner, I guess I do seeing using my laptop won't start the conversion. If I do need a Blue Ray Burner, could you give me some view as to what brand to look for, and of course I would need A HDD and attach it to my laptop, right? Any input you can give me would be really appreciated. Thanks lftawney

Comment

Working...
      X