Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malwarebytes deal

Just an FYI

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Lifetime is available for $12 US...for a short time courtesy of newegg.
    No rebate hassles, just enter the promo code EMCNBJF25

I've used the freeware version for years and have been very happy with it.
    So now, for $12, I can avail myself of the full retail version and show some support to the mawarebytes folks who have been nothing short of outstanding.

This deal also throws in AVG Anti-Virus 2012 - 1 User for System Builder - OEM...for free, if you're interested.

I don't use AVG anymore, but I always thought it was decent "free" av software.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Thanks for the heads up my friend
    Going to get it, as I use the free version too and love it, now I will have real time protection.
    Will not be installing the AVG though, a big resource hog in my opinion, love my Avast.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Malwarebytes deal

Thanks also MAINEMAN!

Been using them for a long time also and they have been great!

Comment

Have also used MBAM for a few years. Fantastic program

But I'll stick with Norton for the rest

Comment

I too have used the free version for many years, very pleased with it, so for $12 would be very happy to support them and have real time protection.

However I just tried it, several times, and it keeps coming up ''the given code does not exist''

Is that code EMCNBJF25 correct or has it finished already?

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
            I too have used the free version for many years, very pleased with it, so for $12 would be very happy to support them and have real time protection.

However I just tried it, several times, and it keeps coming up ''the given code does not exist''

Is that code EMCNBJF25 correct or has it finished already?
            Worked for me, do you have a Newegg account...
            I have had an account for years, you must login to be able to apply the code.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

No, do not even know what that is.

I did not realise that, I just tried to pay for it directly from Malwarebytes.

Comment

Okay, found this newegg site, signed up etc, was able to eventually use that code for $12, but even after all that it insists on certain details and it seems like you must have an address in the USA.

I give up, thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                  Okay, found this newegg site, signed up etc, was able to eventually use that code for $12, but even after all that it insists on certain details and it seems like you must have an address in the USA.

I give up, thanks anyway.
                  I would check with the MBAM site & get it from them directly. Going through another source just to get a discount sounds kind of fishy to me> You could end up getting tied into something you don't want or get royally screwed over somehow. Just an opinion and advice from experience

Comment

Newegg is a U.S. based company that also operates in Canada. Their international shipping is restricted as listed on their website.

I am a long time customer and Newegg is the first place I go to for toys. As their customers like to say, "their service is eggcellent".

Comment

Originally posted by jrogers1965 View Post
                      I would check with the MBAM site & get it from them directly. Going through another source just to get a discount sounds kind of fishy to me> You could end up getting tied into something you don't want or get royally screwed over somehow. Just an opinion and advice from experience
                      Yes as I said I tried directly from their site at first, but the discount is not there, from memory it was somewhere between $25-$30, which I may do anyway to get full time protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffie View Post
                        Newegg is a U.S. based company that also operates in Canada. Their international shipping is restricted as listed on their website.

I am a long time customer and Newegg is the first place I go to for toys. As their customers like to say, "their service is eggcellent".
                        I am sure they are okay, just seemed ridiculous to me as this is just over the Internet, like when you buy DVD Fab, that they only ship to the USA.

Comment

Put in a B/S address if it is electronic delivery. I do it all the time.
                          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                            Put in a B/S address if it is electronic delivery. I do it all the time.
                            Funny thing to admit on a Public Forum.

It must be electronic delivery surely, like when we buy DVD Fab, yes.

Comment

No, it is a physical disc they send in this case.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X