This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2012 phenomenon

Do you believe December 21 or December 23, 2012 will be the end of the world?

I am certainly looking forward to it.....

Looking back....December 31, 1999...look the chaos it created.....Windows ME
    U can run....but U cannot hide
    "I am the ONE & ONLY....You better remember that!!!"

Hi,
    I think that nothing will happen in 2012.Apparently, the world is supposed to end in 2012 to be exact December 21st. A lot of people predict when the world will end on some far-fetched conspiracies and they always movie it back years later. And those too fail. First People said world would end in 2000 then nothing happened in 2000. In my opinion nobody know exactly what will happen in 2012 and end of the world is only in the hand of god.

Comment

Hey Sea Monster nice idea for a thread. Your right. I will probably sitting on the toilet on a sunday morning when the big one hits. LOL. Seriously I do believe something bad is coming for us humans. I do not believe it is 2012, but the way we rape this planet it isn't good. The irony is funny. The 2 fastest developing nations, (biggest poluters), would be affected the most by any flooding.

rip

Comment

The Bible says not even the Angels in Heaven know when that time will be.
        God himself is the only one who knows when that day will be. To even try and predict that time is stupid. The Bible will show us things that tell us that the time is close, but not a date.
        More people should read it.
        "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

Originally posted by magnum62 View Post
          The Bible says not even the Angels in Heaven know when that time will be.
          God himself is the only one who knows when that day will be. To even try and predict that time is stupid. The Bible will show us things that tell us that the time is close, but not a date.
          More people should read it.
          Truly HE is the one.

I think I will die before the End of the World.....so might as well forget about it and enjoy life.....
          U can run....but U cannot hide
          "I am the ONE & ONLY....You better remember that!!!"

Comment

Good one Sea Monster. Live your life and enjoy what you can. IMAO If you believe in the bible, you read and interpret it as you feel. I do not see the word carbon foot print in the bible. I see it more as a life manual to help everyone believe that it is okay when you die. It takes away that feeling you get when you lie in bed and wonder when your last breath will be. Like a sugar pill. It's funny you know, we in the western world laugh and scold against terrorists that blow themselves up because alah will give them a better life. We are really not all that different. Just we blow up everything around us.

rip

rip

Comment

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
              Good one Sea Monster. Live your life and enjoy what you can. IMAO If you believe in the bible, you read and interpret it as you feel. I do not see the word carbon foot print in the bible. I see it more as a life manual to help everyone believe that it is okay when you die. It takes away that feeling you get when you lie in bed and wonder when your last breath will be. Like a sugar pill. It's funny you know, we in the western world laugh and scold against terrorists that blow themselves up because alah will give them a better life. We are really not all that different. Just we blow up everything around us.

rip

rip
              Great point.
              The Bible is a guide to life and death. Even chruches don't see eye to eye on it.
              We destroy everything even Jesus.
              Not everyone believes in it and this is their choice.
              But really who knows when the end of time will be? The way of the world today is fast paced and unholy in many ways.
              No signs of it getting any better in the near future.
              "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

Very true. One thing that I didn't say was this. I do believe in what you destroy will untmately destroy you. Hence the very planet we neglect everyday.

Comment

The Earth someday will have it's vengeance.
                  We will and perhaps already are seeing the affects of it.

Comment

I don't know the exact date, but the end of the world is coming sometime around 2012 if we don't do anything about it:

Support IPv6 migration today!

Comment

What gets me with these things too is when EXACTLY is it?

Is it US time zone, or GMT, or Australian time???

I was living and working in New York over the period 1999-2000 and so many people there were convinced the World would end at midnight on the 31st of December 1999.

As that time fast approached in NY I said to some of them what happened, and they said nothing yet, very soon now, and I said to them but in much of the World it is already 2000 and nothing has happened.

Of course they had no answer as to why the World would end on NY time.

Comment

I don't buy into the doom and gloom, end of the world predictions being touted in the media.
                        If you look at some of the scholarly works done on ancient Maya science and religion, I think you'll find something entirely different.

The Maya spoke of a Cosmogenesis...a World Age shift.
                        December 21, 2012 marks an end point of our world as we know it. Keep in mind that the Maya calendar doesn't just end on this date, but begins anew; the calendar is not linear, but cyclical.

This time is specific to a precessional cycle which only occurs every 25,800 years.
                        This is a time when our solar system aligns with the center of our Milky Way Galaxy; the same galaxy which the Maya religion held to be the source of life.
                        The real meaning of December 21, 2012 to the Maya, just may be a lot closer to concept of "the cyclic renewal of the earth and the spiritual unfoldment of humanity" than the doom and gloom, end of the world stuff.
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

It does not matter when it will end. We all know it will sooner or later. And it most likely won't be in most of our lifetimes (a lot of us are in the 50's or so age) .. And when it does occur, you can't do anything about it anyway, except a prayer (if you have enough time) .. You might go to sleep and not wake up next day. Happened to a coworker, went home Monday, we get a call Tuesday, he died. And he was in great condition (about 37 or so) ... Only God, knows when your number or the whole worlds number is up.

Comment

The end of life as we now know and enjoy will eventually take place, as we are our own worst enemy!, but the world will be around long after we destroy ourselves, and after time creation will start anew. JMHO!

Comment

Just think probably the cockroaches will be digging up our bones putting us in their museums.

Comment

Working...
                              X